RPG Maker Forums

punchybot
punchybot
Do you get paid to be there 15min extra?
Poryg
Poryg
No. Neither do I for that 1 minute I leave early.
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
Glad you found a job, but sorry your boss is a jerk.
Poryg
Poryg
Well, if they want to be jerks, I will also be a jerk. If it is required from me to be at the workplace from 8 pm to 8 am, I will start coming right before 8 pm.
punchybot
punchybot
Then I think you should tell your boss how you feel about the warning. Since clearly it isn't a two way street.
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
If they don't pay you extra, then it's your right.
Poryg
Poryg
It's unfair to my colleagues though, because we need to come sooner in order to find out what's new, so I will hopefully cause some backlash.
Poryg
Poryg
I won't tell them anything, I don't have when to tell them anything. I work 12h night shifts, they work 8h day shifts.
punchybot
punchybot
Best thing to do is communicate. I manage people for a living. A lot of people bottle stuff up or do things that they think will get back at the boss man, when instead it's more effective to just communicate issues and take care of it. Most bosses want to hear it.

If your employer doesn't care, that's a problem and you shouldn't want to be there.
Poryg
Poryg
Unfortunately the bosses in the workplaces I have been have never been someone to talk to. And in poorly paid places that's generally the situation. So it's always better to adapt to the situation.
punchybot
punchybot
Well, I hope your plan of causing backlash helps solve your problem!
Poryg
Poryg
I don't think it will, but I hope it will. Although I don't think it will even cause the backlash, since we as colleagues stick together.
_Shadow_
_Shadow_
You should probably keep on searching for a good job. That is what I would do. This is obviously not a nice place to work. Keep on searching, sustain a few unfair stuff, we all get though that, and hopefully you will get a better job someday. No matter what, be extra typical. Don't go late, don't leave before the end of your shift and try to help your colleagues. They are not the ones to blame. ;)
Poryg
Poryg
I never left before the end of my shift without colleagues' approval, (never even asked for it, always they told me) and always came early. However, I won't be coming as early as I used to if it's pointless.
Poryg
Poryg
I won't be searching for another job through winter though. I'm quite okay with this job, even though it has its downsides. We'll see later on how the situation develops. Maybe they'll eventually fire me anyway :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, what is this "Inktober" everyone's speaking about? Because apparently, I have no idea what happens on this site...
O_O One day left until I can pre-order the new NSP album! Yay!
Ah, today's the start of Inktober! I should do that.
Ami
--- Currency ---

Hero: This city cannot accept Gold to buy the items.
Merchant: You can exchange Gold into TC,depending the rate of TC this time.
Hero: Really? Then,i want to exchange 999999999G.
Merchant: Let's see……Wait a second,are you Cheating again?
Hero: Hell No!!! I earn it with myself!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seayton