RPG Maker Forums

Finnuval
Finnuval
not really depressed but down sure... Who doesn't at times?
samkfj
samkfj
I know I have, but I keep going anyway. No matter what happens, the war will be won.
Sharm
Sharm
Yep! Learned a few tricks to climb out too. First step, get some sunlight, enjoy some nature. Us geeks don't get enough vitamin D and it's good to remember life exists outside of our personal drama. Second, drink plenty of water, eat healthy, exercise, get enough sleep.
Sometimes depression is a worn out body.
Sharm
Sharm
Third, interact with people you love. Good people in your life are essential to a healthy mind. Fourth, forget about success and failure, focusing too much on perfectionism will drain your ability. Focus on remembering why you enjoy stuff, find the fun, explore it.
Sharm
Sharm
That last one is a new discovery, I'm still learning about how it works for me. All I know is that when I try to succeed, I get frustrated, burned out, and can't draw anything. When I try to just have fun, I can draw easily, and I create all sorts of good things. Figuring out how to let go of the need for success is so difficult though. Sometimes you have to let go of your goals and desires to do it.
Sharm
Sharm
The key is that failure must always be an option. We learn the most from failures, and so little from success. You've got to embrace your failures as the fastest way forward, learn to enjoy them.
MikePjr
MikePjr
I was a bit vague on the first comment.. not enough space to say much.
I've got bipolar depression and ADD.
And for months now i've had little to no focus..
I used to have this "URGE" to make things.. but i don't anymore.. in fact i just assume sit around doing nothing.
My brain is bleh compared to how it used to be.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Well we all have something or other (Im autistic for instance) and yeah that can be rough at times. Still the advice given by Sharm is good advice. In time it will get better again, but it'll always fluctuate
MikePjr
MikePjr
It is yes.. but i'm thinking.. i need to.. eat something.. or take something.. cause this is unnatural..
Another Ned
Another Ned
In addition to Sharm's amazing advice, check if you get enough vitamins and stuff. Zinc and magnesium are pretty helpful to improve focus a bit, enough protein in one's diet is also good. If all else fails, talk to a psychiatrist about medication, if possible. That's what I'm currently doing (ADHD in my case).
punchybot
punchybot
Yo my boy turn that frown upside down and make a cool game
Sharm
Sharm
What a cooincidence, that's what I have too! Type 2 rapid cycling bipolar and ADHD. It sounds like you're having a mixed episode, where you have symptoms of mania and depression at the same time. Those are the worst! Don't worry though, once you get through this cycle you should go back to your usual depressive and manic episodes, mixed episodes don't happen as often as the other two.
Sharm
Sharm
Being stable without medication while also being bipolar is not common. I agree, you should look into getting professional help. Just be prepared because most meds will make things worse and take a while to build up enough in your system to know if they're working or not. It takes time to find the right solution.
MikePjr
MikePjr
I'm on some meds, but it's not working.
Without the meds i'm violent and angry, but with the meds my depression is insane and i can't focus and i have no drive or motivation.. i've been like this for almost a year actually.
MikePjr
MikePjr
-continued from above- It's driving me nuts. I used to be on zoloft, i was allergic to it, BUT i had so much insane focus it was amazing, i was excited every day to do things! I think the issue is not enough dopamine in me.. i gotta figure out how to raise it..
Sharm
Sharm
I think that was my troubles too, but I don't think it's just dopamine, I think all of those types of chemicals are low. I had a big result from trying out Adderall, since you have ADHD you can probably try it out fairly easily.
Sharm
Sharm
I had a migraine medication that made me depressed like that, but it was so bad I didn't even want to reach for a glass of water right next to me. I was on it two days, and the second was only to make certain it was the medication. I don't know if you should stop taking yours, but you should bring this up with your doctor at least.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steelybel