Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Sharm
    Sharm
    Is it because of a migraine or something else?
    Nov 26, 2018
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Mostly because I'm working long hours in an active and stressful environment. But...apparently, NSAIDS gave me gastritis so I'm not even able to eat enough to keep up. I'd take time off but I had to use all my PTO to visit my mom in the ICU because my LoA request was denied. :|
    Nov 26, 2018
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yikes! That's no fun. I hope you respond well to treatment and actually get a little rest while you're there (not likely, I know). I wasn't positive about what gastritis is, so I looked it up. It explains some of the symptoms I've been having lately that I was going to the doctor tomorrow for, I might have it too. We're twins! ;)
    Nov 26, 2018
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    Is there anything I can do to cheer you up? Going to the ER is the worst.
    Nov 26, 2018
  5. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Oh, I'm not in the ER. I work in the ER. I'm the stat lab. So. I'm technically THERE, but I'm made of Tums to survive each shift. XD
    Nov 26, 2018
  6. Sharm
    Sharm
    Oh wow, I don't know how I missed that. I knew you worked there too. *hits forehead* Made of Tums? No wonder you can't digest anything! I'm so sorry that it's still this stressful. I'm getting really worried about you. Are you sure this job is worth it?
    Nov 26, 2018
  7. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I sort of need the job right now. My husband's job is here for now but there have been a lot of layoffs, so he feels like he could be in the crosshairs down the road. My mental health is still good and my doctors think we're nearing a diagnosis that explains everything, even the headaches.
    Nov 26, 2018
  8. Sharm
    Sharm
    Really? That would be amazing. I wish you all the luck!
    Nov 26, 2018
  9. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    It's kinda ridiculous to hope you have something but in the grand scheme of things the treatment would be fairly non-invasive. But, they suspect Celiacs.
    Nov 26, 2018
  10. Sharm
    Sharm
    I know the feeling. Sometimes it's not about if it's good or bad news, sometimes you just need an answer and a direction.
    Nov 26, 2018
  11. Sharm
    Sharm
    Celiacs is easy enough to diagnose. Have they done the precursor test yet? Are they going to scope you soon? I hope it turns out to be a wheat allergy instead, that is much easier to deal with.
    Nov 26, 2018
  12. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Yeah, based on bloodwork, clinical symptoms, and ruling out h.pylori they want to do the imaging. Getting me scheduled is tricky but it should happen soon enough.
    Nov 26, 2018
  13. Sharm
    Sharm
    Well, getting imaging scheduled is always tricky, I imagine with your work schedule it's harder. Well, good luck.
    Nov 26, 2018