RPG Maker Forums

Sharm
Sharm
If it's finished it should be in the completed section. Don't worry about it being RTP or your first, everyone has been there before. I mean, everyone who has actually made a game. I haven't so you've got a one up on me.
Sharm
Sharm
If you're wondering about posting it at all, well, that's a very good question. Everyone's first game is bad, that's just how it works, but you can learn quite a lot if you get some good feedback. I guess it depends on what's most important to you.
punchybot
punchybot
I know making a first game as all RTP isn't a bad thing, but when I post it to the public, others will care(or rather not care.) If no one will care, why post it? I suppose I am looking to see what is better to do. I take criticism well.
Sharm
Sharm
If you take criticism well, then just post it. You probably won't get much traffic, but trying and getting nothing is better than not trying and missing out.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Never feel embarrassed about your work if you did your best at the time. You might've gotten better but this is still yours too and there is nothing wrong with showing where you started.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Be happy about yourself. You did actually make a game, and even better if you could complete it. You see some people couldn't finish making a single game even after years.

And you could say something like "In my game ...".
punchybot
punchybot
Thanks for the responses peeps! It's the project I am currently working on. I was knee deep in my "dream game" before finding out that's not a good idea, which has been against my own advice because I learned better since I started.
punchybot
punchybot
Decided to break it up to three small games since then so it is achievable. It is against the advice I have been sharing and I want to start a new much smaller project once I get this first part done so I can learn more.
RetroExcellent
RetroExcellent
I'll give your game a go punchy, just PM the link when it's ready.
punchybot
punchybot
Thanks homie! Guess I'll do a write up on it...
samkfj
samkfj
Yeah man, just do it.

Don't make me call on my bro, Shia Lebouf.
Faye Valentine
Faye Valentine
Yeah, a bit late, but still--I encourage you to do it. See @TheoAllen's example, I am one of those. 8 years, haven't released a single.project. A failure one after another. Be glad you made something true!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ok... so working on the official game guide for my game and its more than 150 pages...... wow. Well, I hope it will help a few players out.
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue, Episode 12: Amneron's Legacy starts now! Watch on Youtube and join the chat as we explore the world of Ellis!
Lost track of a huge brazilian wandering spider inside my house. In other news, I'm moving again.

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)
mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brenadjnendad