RPG Maker Forums

Sharm
Sharm
Yeeeees! This stuff happens with art requests too. "Draw my character" Okay, what does your character look like? What style do you want it in? What is the use going to be, will it need to be front view, side view, some sort of action thing? I hate it when people just want you to read their minds and give them stuff.
Poryg
Poryg
That's why I shared the video - it's talking prticularly about hacking, but it is applicable to pretty much anything, because it's the same thing everywhere.
Sharm
Sharm
I think all you have to do is respect the person your asking for help and everything else will follow naturally.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
I think when people ask a question like in the video, they ask for help because they are themselves have no clue of what is wrong. It is sad, but they are technically asking many questions at the same time. I think they put a lot of affording on the question. It is just they are needed proper knowledge to fully understand.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
That is why no everyone cut to be a coder, a doctor, or a surgeon. How to matter how much they put an afford into.
Poryg
Poryg
Well, if you had a clue, you generally wouldn't need to ask. However, the point is not about having the clue, but about difference between a badly asked technical question and a well asked technical question doesn't lie in having a clue. It lies in describing the situation properly.
Poryg
Poryg
Many times I can even see it here. "Help me I did X and I got an error." And that's all info I have. Sometimes it's enough, but when not, instead of helping we have to ask about many common things - plugins, their ordering, engine version, particular notetags, console output,... Despite the fact that there are even templates that suggest how to ask a technical question here!
Poryg
Poryg
Occasionally I even saw cases when people had a problem, but were reluctant to share the problem source. Badly written notetag, didn't want to share. Mashed in 50 plugins, game crashed, wouldn't want to share. Like afraid somebody would steal all their game just from publishing their plugin list consisting of public plugins. But how would they expect us to solve the problem if we're not even allowed to see it?
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Let see in different perspective. If this particular perspective is about "asking a technical question". In another perspective, it's what you gonna get if you want to be a customer service.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm going to schedule my shuttle to the train station today... after I vote. It's not a pleasant thing to do, since I hate politics. So much negative talk. I can see why it's not allowed here. But about the shuttle. My county has a service called PalmTran, and it's really convenient. They pick you up at your home and drop you off where you need to be. Just give them a date and time.
Titlescreen idle movie player, play some videos if the player sits on the titlescreen too long! [free plugin]
"Alert, alert, there is nothing there. Wake up, there is nothing there. This is not a drill, there is nothing there. Oh hey, I see you're awake early on your day off, let's go for a run."~if dogs could talk.
I love October. It starts out with a lighthearted chillvibes. Near the end of the month, it becomes somewhat dreamy and the days feel slower. Maybe because October is the beginning of rainy season in my country. :D
Ami
--- Surprise Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Look,i'm the Cute White Ghost!
F.Mage: And,im the Scary Witch!
M.Archer: I'm The Handsome Vampire!
M.Fighter: AWOOOOOOO!!!
(Suddenly,The Electricity Is Turned Off. Then Turned On 10 Seconds Later)
Hero: (With Scream Mask & Bloody Knife) Hey,how about my Costume?
Entire Party: (Screaming Until Faint)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaeger