RPG Maker Forums

MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
I personally never take any insurance or warranty when I buy a product. 99% of the times, it isn't worth it.
Poryg
Poryg
I don't mind insurances that make sense. This one seemingly makes sense, but what they don't tell you is that it's an insurance against random damage not caused by wrong manipulation.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Well, that rules at a lot of scenario. You could try to make the cpu run at 100% and try to overheat the phone lol.
Poryg
Poryg
So instead of the sketchy insurance I'd bought a 9h glass and caught 75% off eset mobile, so bought it. Instead of 1200 czk it costed me about 400 czk. And I'm protected from damage caused by wrong manipulation too.
Poryg
Poryg
Yup. Pretty much the only way to use this insurance would be in case of a theft or in case of influence of nature. But the contract has thought about the latter and puts nature as an exclusion.
Poryg
Poryg
What is absolutely shocking though is that even though this contract isn't really signed legally (lying to and misdirection of people), it's absolutely legal in the end.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Wait, don't you need to sign something when you purchase an insurance?
samkfj
samkfj
Windows i7
Windows i7
When I got my Galaxy Note 8 (a $1000 phone at the time), I just got a $50 case for it and its been fine.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Haha that was a good laugh (talking about samkfj's comment)
Poryg
Poryg
@MushroomCake28 Of course we do, but many Czechs don't read what they sign up for. They trust the seller that they're selling him a good or potentially useful thing. Only to find that their appeal was rejected, because it's written in the manual that you shouldn't drop it from high on the ground, therefore it's a consequence of wrong manipulation with the object... And poof, no money for you.
Poryg
Poryg
What is worse though that unless you read it, you will never find out... Because the salesman told me "A protective glass is good, but it won't protect from everything. And so it would be good to close the insurance. So that when for example your friend drops the mobile and breaks it, you're covered. I have a Huawei P20 and am content with it, but I also bought the insurance for it."

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made my own pizza. First critique, more chicken next time.
My pumpkin! Anyone like Fallout?

It's not terrible, but could be better. This thing took me over an hour to carve. :kaophew:

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.
"Nightmares exist outside of logic and there's little fun to be had in explanations. They're antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story the victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanation and there shouldn't be one..." - Stephen King
I feel people seek explanation and demand it sometimes in games, but in the horror genre, well, maybe you shouldn't have one. Silent Hill 1 comes to mind...
Managed to implement QSprite.

Always double check your plugin order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGXNinetyNine