It looks quite ugly to me:
- Purple bg color doesn't combine well with light to dark gray gradient.
- The inconsistency in dimensions is rather unprofessional. There's a small bite off at the top, then there's additional one on the side. Then while every other corner is round, the bottom windows' ones are sharp.
I would much rather see full screen covered in windows than these bite offs.
I also don't understand why is there cost 75 MP, but only 5 without an unit. I can read colours, but don't like inconsistencies.
There is also too much free space in the wrong places. The bottom right window seems possible to resize so it matches the "grid". The window that contains skill icon and description should also use up the free space on the right. Perhaps move the skill icon to the right and increase the max line width?
Maybe I'd also suggest you that in the place where there's
it would be better to remove the brackets and replace the level word with an icon.
@Poryg Whoa, too much info at once.
1) First of all, the purple color you're talking about the bar right?
2) The small bit at the top will be for an icon for the current active section.
Last but not least Usage: x16 sounds rather clumsy. You use usage when you're talking about where you can use the skill or how frequently you use it. For limited amount of casts the word "charges" seems more appropriate to me.
3) I don't get the 75 MP part?
4) the bottom right window (the one with the tablet items), is it better to make it fill the space even tho the window will be pretty much empty?
5) "Usage" refers to skill count. I guess I will change the wording to "usage count" (number of times the skill was used throughout the game).
6) (Level X/Y): yeah, I suppose an icon would work well.
No, I'm talking about the menu background color. Purple is not too good of a choice.
Btw. I didn't notice at first what it was, but I now know... The window shadows don't look too great I think. If nothing else, they are too far from the window.
3) In the bottom right window you have cost: 75 MP, which is blue, and then green 5. One of them has an unit, the other does not.
That is exactly why I hate UI lol. I'll try a brighter color for the background, turquoise perhaps?
It's 0S ("0" + "S"), which is my unit for TP.
Oh, that's not window shadows... That's landscape shadows! Sorry for that
I'm not sure about turqoise color to be honest. Maybe some kind of dark red if it fits your game?
You're right turquoise looks awful I just tested it. I'll try a dark red yeah.
As for the bottom two window dimensions, I think the bottom left should be wider, but the right one should not be wider. Empty windows wouldn't be a solution.
I'd also move the tablet items window up. The freed up space could be filled up later, maybe.
And last touch up I thought of, could you please colour the texts in the skill window - hits and Target? All remaining names are colored blue, so I think it would help.
Actually a good idea to make the "hits" and "target" blue (it's more like I forgot). As for the bottom left window, I'll try stretching it more, but some skills have like 5 elements and require some space for the 5 elemental ions.
@Poryg Better now? https://i.imgur.com/wkJYv06.png
Yes, it looks much better compared to the previous one to me.
Separate names with a comma.