Comments on Profile Post by Benny Jackdaw

1. punchybot
    punchybot
    Not a fan of that game.
    Dec 4, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  2. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    It's a good game imo, but not the in the "best jrpgs" category.
    Dec 4, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  3. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    it's a game that looks like it could have so much life and color, get the more I watch the game, the more I hate the games story and characters. generic cat eared person, lifeless puppet people, anthro villains, in a man who wanted the casually kill you end up being a good guy.
    Dec 4, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  4. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    honestly, that pirate man wanted to kill the main characters, and he had such a week reason for doing so, yet the main characters forgive him and let him fight alongside them. From what I've seen, Evan is a complete Gary-stu.
    Dec 4, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  5. Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    That's kind of like how i'm not fond of most anime...
    Dec 4, 2018
    Marsigne and samkfj like this.
  6. RetroExcellent
    RetroExcellent
    I loved the first one though, it was like if Studio Ghibli had made pokemon....actually that is pretty much exactly what it was. I have not had a chance to play the second one, but the change of combat system and story style was not as appealing to me.
    Dec 4, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  7. Alanood
    Alanood
    In which way are they the same?
    Dec 4, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  8. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    a lot of them have similar plots, similar characters, similar enemies, usually has a cat eared person, almost always poorly written, the main characters are usually Gary Stus and the games usually follow other stereotypes as well. I've played and reviewed the story of a lot of RPG is, and most of them regardless of popularity have been pretty shallow in my opinion.
    Dec 4, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  9. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    RIP, hope you find your game. :D
    Dec 5, 2018