RPG Maker Forums

FrozenNorseman
FrozenNorseman
Yours or others?
Builds_a_lot
Builds_a_lot
To Elaborate, working on parallax mapping, ugh. And a tile set that mimics said mapping unlike the standard tile set. Curves and angles are a thing! I get the retro look, and on certain things I dig it even, but the roads kill me inside, just a bit...
Builds_a_lot
Builds_a_lot
@FrozenNorseman My own sad, fleeting, sorry attempts. I'm improving, I'm just one of those people who is their own worst critic.
FrozenNorseman
FrozenNorseman
I know that feeling. Ally yourself with someone and have them provide some thoughts. Maybe that'll help you see your artwork in a new light?
The Stranger
The Stranger
You a bit of a perfectionist, @Builds_a_lot? I can't view anything I do in any meaningful way, because I always see it as terrible.
Builds_a_lot
Builds_a_lot
@FrozenNorseman I try. I really do try. I have a bad habit for thinking someone is just being polite when it's praise lol. I have a few people who will honestly tell me if something sucks or not and I trust them.
Builds_a_lot
Builds_a_lot
@The Stranger I hear that loud and clear. I'm learning to shove that aside and do it anyway. Even if it's terrible, then try again, and seek honest feedback that isn't fluff. It's what I've been learning to do. I just get dogpiled by what I view as my inadequacies or lack of familiarity with the medium or subject.
Builds_a_lot
Builds_a_lot
Take pixel art... A foreign medium to be sure. I've done digital art, but that is different then pixel art. Pixel art is like miniature crafting. You have to make this tiny representation of something, but it's a tiny blob if you don't do it right. The details don't exist as easily as larger pieces would. And then keeping the style consistent…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ
Made some progress on my game, mostly mapping. Learned quite a bit in the process!.

M6eUoTT.png
16 Hr Video Course on MZ? Huge DLC Pack from MZ's RTP Artist | RPG Maker News #110

I spent the past couple of days transferring my RM2K3 project over to RMMV. I upscaled everything 3x and it looks so cute I can't T_T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracul_JOSHI