Comments on Profile Post by Benny Jackdaw

1. Verdelite
    Verdelite
    I finished playing Zestiria today! The character banter was fun but the plot was extremely disappointing :(
    Dec 11, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  2. Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    I never played the Tales series, but if it plays out like most RPGs, i'd probably wont want to anyway!
    Dec 11, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  3. megumi014
    megumi014
    I loved the world, the characters and the gameplay, but the plot was so bad it hurt... The songs made by Go Shina were superb tho.
    Dec 11, 2018
    Verdelite and Marsigne like this.
  4. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    What were his reactions? :D
    Dec 11, 2018
    Verdelite likes this.
  5. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Tales of Zestiria was probably one of the worst Tales entry and extremely cliché. I am however having an internal debate to determine which game is more cliche between Zestiria and Ni no Kuni 2.
    Dec 11, 2018
  6. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    IMO, Ni No Kuni is slightly less cliche. why can't someone make an RPG about sea lions or porcupines or something cool?
    Dec 11, 2018
  7. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Cliche saves money for company: no need to invest as much on story and design, and you have a formula that is guaranteed to work. So it's playing safe.
    Dec 11, 2018
  8. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    one of these days, I'm hoping people will get sick of those cliche and look for something new. I'll admit, avoiding cliches and making decent stories and characters is tough, but it feels like most companies don't even try.
    Dec 11, 2018
  9. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    True, but most of them are there for the money, and because of that, the risk of breaking the paradigms is a too big to justify diverting from the safe clichés.
    Dec 11, 2018
  10. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    And that's why we get all these diverse and unique villains, yet hero is always have to be limited purely to humans? Honestly, I have been thinking of this concept for an RPG kind of like the old Star Ocean games which includes a roster of 8 characters, most of which are human except for 3, but I haven't flashed out most of the ideas except for Prithviraj.
    Dec 11, 2018
    Marsigne and MushroomCake28 like this.
  11. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    basically that character is an amalgam of this girls dead father and a collection of moles the girl liked to keep as pets that were resurrected and combined using a spell the girl found in a book. Prithviraj himself looks like a giant mole with clothes. Being a mole, he can't talk, but part of its Brain still belong to the girl's father, so he continues to protect and look after her even in this form.
    Dec 11, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  12. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    The other seven include a woman knight with a weapon where one of her arms is, youngboy scholar who practices Magic, an African American priest who uses a giant crucifix, a recently deceased faulconer's pet bird, a man who uses the giant Club of an Oni that terrorized him, a futuristic roller derby girl with jet powered skates and a reptilian seer from another world.
    Dec 11, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  13. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    this is not an RPG I ever plan on making, these are just character Concepts.
    Dec 11, 2018
    Marsigne and MushroomCake28 like this.