Comments on Profile Post by JtheDuelist

1. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    I believe they're the about the same, but there's modifications between them, so they technically aren't the same license.
    Dec 12, 2018
  2. D.L. Yomegami
    D.L. Yomegami
    VX has different battlers from VX Ace, though most of them resemble the battlers in VX Ace with some exceptions (VX's evil king and evil god battlers are very different from VX Ace's, for example). So I'd imagine you'd need a VX license to use those battlers in the other engines.
    Dec 12, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  3. D.L. Yomegami
    D.L. Yomegami
    Besides that, I'm pretty sure the rest of VX's RTP is included with VX Ace. I imagine you'd only need VX Ace to use them, as it feels kind of silly to need VX to legally use resources included with VX Ace, but I'm not certain.
    Dec 12, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  4. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Here is the question: Do you want to use VX MIDI BGM (or the converted one) in your game? :p
    Dec 12, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  5. JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    I'm just asking around because the Steam Winter Sale should be coming up soon and I was wondering if VX was worth getting over VX Ace. I may have about $40-$60 to spend on this years sale, so I hope both go for total under that if I am lucky. (I plan on having every RPG Maker eventually, as I just need VX, VX Ace, and 2k3 to finish the set)
    Dec 12, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  6. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Will probably be less than 40$ if you get them both during a big sales period.
    Dec 12, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  7. JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    @MushroomCake28 Considering I am only 10ยข shy in my current Steam wallet of getting 2k3 on its usual sale price, I could probably get all 3 RMs for under $40 on the Winter Sale.
    Dec 12, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  8. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Reason to buy VX
    > you want to use the MIDI BGM
    > completionist
    > you want to use VX Cliff tiles (it's different than Ace)
    > Maybe the battler as well?
    Dec 12, 2018
    Marsigne and JtheDuelist like this.
  9. JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    I primarily want to finish my RM collection.
    Dec 12, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  10. Kes
    Kes
    Unless you specifically want the assets (&/or are a completionist) do not bother with VX. Ace upgraded it, so VX on its own is just a poor quality version of Ace.
    Dec 12, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  11. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    There are some Japanese resources that state you can only use them if you own VX. (That's the only reason why I bought VX to begin with).
    Dec 13, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  12. JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    I guess I am sort of a completionist, so I'll prioritize VX Ace and 2k3 during the Winter Sale and if I have enough money left over, I'll get VX as well.
    Dec 13, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.