RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
Well, not just Czechs, more like Slavs in general. :D
mlogan
mlogan
Like with anything, it’s what those skills are used for that counts.
Poryg
Poryg
Yes. My purpose is pure interest. So I think that to make it sound less scary, I'll be calling it "cyber security expert" Since if you want to become that, you have to become a hacker anyway.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@It is a illegal job, but it is a job nonthless. Cyber Security expert and hacker have similar knowledge. It is about the intention. If you think like that, if you to be a programmer, you might as well be a hacker too.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
My understanding of the word "hacker" is someone who hacks stuff to tweak it into something that wasn't supposed to do by default. The word itself is neutral. But often misused for something like cracking the security. It isn't really illegal.
Reactions: Poryg
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@TheoAllen, yes, the definition of words have changed from time to time. I want to word to have the same definition like the dictionary. It would be easy to communicate. Try to say hackers to people outside your house, you can see how people react. It is commonly understood now.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I'm saying it isn't illegal :p
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@TheoAllen, people perception with words. It would be great that many people like you. I am just look into a dictionary. We are reach common definition understand.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I got the impression that you were one of those people which is why I was correcting it.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@TheoAllen, what do you mean? Please explain? If you are talking about the hackers definition, I am already agree with you. Languange is a human construct concept. Both sides have a common understand to convey a message.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
The time you said "it's an illegal job but still a job" I got an impression you didn't know what is the word hacker means

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A beloved family member passed away due to complication to combat COVID and diabetes. Rest in peace Grandma.
Just got FES pack for my MZ. The details of the tilesets and chars seem not very compatible with MZ rtp. Look like they are scaled up. Not saying it's bad, but just won't fit well.
I've been busy with other things lately but I'm getting back into working on stuff for my game next month. I think I'm going to fiddle with making NPC busts next, mixing and matching stuff from DLC I've purchased.
Just finished composing a boss battle theme!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CMThunder