Comments on Profile Post by Robin

1. Kaiser
    Kaiser
    I actually like games that do that. try it out. :3
    Dec 31, 2012
  2. Robin
    Robin
    During the forum outage, I started on some stats for monsters. I'm not yet intending to restrict learnable abilities to a particular levelled monster, but I'm looking at just making them a little tougher.
    Dec 31, 2012
  3. Kaiser
    Kaiser
    Yeah. I see what you are going with. When I go back to early places for whatever reason I do get bored plowing through weak monsters, but games that have the enemies get stronger as you do and through the progression of the game makes me smile that monsters are at least getting stronger for what reasons they have other than killing the hero.
    Dec 31, 2012
  4. Kread-EX
    Kread-EX
    I know this status is a bit old, so you may already have done the work, but why no simply use a level limit per area? What I mean is, you divide your game in areas and enemies can level up freely until they reach the limit.
    Jan 3, 2013
  5. Robin
    Robin
    Ah, Kread. Well, I hadn't really thought of that, but with different level monsters, I just need to make 2 or 3 iterations of the monster, which I can then put in specific troops. Hardly any extra time. So it gives me an extra way to customise battles without even changing the monster sprite.
    Jan 5, 2013