RPG Maker Forums

Finnuval
Finnuval
Sure does!
Sharm
Sharm
Me! Completing something gives you a dopamine rush, that's why you feel happy and accomplished, and dopamine is a neurotransmitter. Exercise is good too, because of endorphins.
Sharm
Sharm
Other things I've noticed that always help a bit: hugs, helping others/giving gifts (especially in secret), cleanliness (oddly enough), singing loudly, figuring out and acknowledging the underlying problem, doing the thing you really want to not do.
Diego2112
Diego2112
Underlying problem for me is PTSD Mixed with bipolar disorder... But you're right! And cleanliness really does help!
Sharm
Sharm
Even with PTSD and Bipolar there can be a "trigger". It's usually not what you think you're upset about, but it can be related. One time I got really upset at my roommate
for avoiding me, but in reality I just missed my family. (She wasn't avoiding me, just hated being touched when she was depressed, opposite of me.)
Diego2112
Diego2112
Oh I know-the wrong smell, the wrong sounds, any of that can trigger me. This instance of depression was brought about by a coworker who'd just found out I lived in Sudan during the Darfur Genocide's early days. All kinds of questions I didn't want to ever think about again... Ah well, I'm good now (ish), and yeah!
Sharm
Sharm
Ooh, yeah, that's not fair. People can be so mean even if they aren't meaning to.
Finnuval
Finnuval
people are so ignorant when it comes to it... Worse part is they don't even realize it.
Diego2112
Diego2112
Oh, he meant nothing by it--he's just... Well, he has no tact. I'm doing much better, and I'm in a better place. Basically, I ended up telling him "I've been married nearly 12 years, and I literally last week started to open up to my wife about this stuff." He got the message!
Finnuval
Finnuval
The fact that he meant nothing by it doesn't make it 'better' it just doesn't make it worse ;) Glad he got the message and you're doing better :)
Diego2112
Diego2112
Oh no, it still sucks. But he seems to have learned, and tonight we had a nearly 4 hour chat about everything BUT Sudan (work has us come in, and do nothing for 4 hours while the factory is under repairs). He's a great guy, so yeah, it's not fine, but it's fine, ya know what I mean? lol

Now, BED!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

was rendering a video and window decided to bsod on me :D fun
Could not for the life of me figure out how to implement the dual/triple techs in Touch the Stars in a player-friendly way. Was describing all the problems to my wife and just rubber-ducked a solution that should work brilliantly.
I think I'm going to make each equippable item in my fantasy RPG grant a skill while its worn (in addition to the character's learned skills). Equipped gear that might be weaker in stats can still be useful in certain situations if the skill they grant exploits a weakness or resists a strength in the monsters being fought. This could potentially open up lots of build strategies to play with for fun.
:kaojoy:
A lot of those cool RPGs allow players to import their own portraits.
Thus, we shall have that, too. :kaojoy:
Finally, deleted my Reddit account
I cant say I dont regret it, I honestly liked FMA subreddit, but nah, reddit succs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broglione