Comments on Profile Post by samkfj

1. David Lister
    David Lister
    I had to Google HEB to find out they were a Texas based grocery store. Ha, ha!! But what was really funny was stumbling across the Urban Dictionary reference of "Sick grocery store." because "Applying there was the best idea ever because their employees get so many benefits and parties." :D
    Dec 24, 2018
    samkfj likes this.
  2. mlogan
    mlogan
    @David Lister They really are a great company. When Hurricane Harvey hit, they were some of the first on the scene sending trucks of water and food, setting up feeding stations and providing other supplies.
    Dec 24, 2018
    David Lister and samkfj like this.
  3. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah--they're legendary not just for good prices and products; but very humanitarian. My heart broke when I realized they don't exist out here in DFW--well in some pockets, either very far south or very far east.
    Dec 24, 2018
    David Lister likes this.
  4. David Lister
    David Lister
    Yeah, I love that it's a locally (at least Texas / Mexico) based private employer. The major paper where I live (the Seattle Times) wrote a wonderful piece on them when they distributed 15% of their stock to their employees. I also read they provide a matching 401k and health care for full time employees.
    Dec 24, 2018
    mlogan likes this.
  5. samkfj
    samkfj
    Oh wow--now it makes sense why many of my friends growing up worked there for a time. I'll bet some still do.

I should see if they're looking for drivers haha--but that'd mean I'd have to move... and drive again :/

No--on second thought, I'll just wait 'til the build one out here.
    Dec 24, 2018
    mlogan likes this.