Comments on Profile Post by TheoAllen

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    But I like 1 more.
    Dec 27, 2018
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    I wonder, what's your favorite way to play?
    Dec 27, 2018
  3. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Hit and run. Fast hull + at least 3 missile slots. It's kinda expensive though.
    Dec 27, 2018
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    Three missile shots are expensive, that's true. Unsustainable on higher difficulties.
    Dec 27, 2018
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    I prefer durable ships and short range weapons, fast engine and powerful defences. But sometimes the battle system just screws me over.
    Dec 27, 2018
  6. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Durable ship is for late game though. It's usually a mid game build. On late game I usually have two phases, a long range with 5 missile slot, then switched to wave phaser for AoE. Fast hull is still my fave hull to outrun enemies. Idk if I'd try other hulls. Any recommendation?
    Dec 28, 2018
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    Actually, you can easily get a 700 hull ship even in the middle game on easier difficulties (year 3306). Also, small ships won't allow you to loot for cargo properly, which is essential for survival on higher difficulties due to the fact that income from quests is really low.
    Dec 28, 2018
  8. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I play on standard difficulty though, at 100% difficulty, not more or less.
    Dec 28, 2018
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    I see. I usually just spend first 6 or 8 years just doing quests to earn some money for decent hull, weapons and armor as well as some secret equipment. I always buy a good engine as soon as I can though to decrease the amount of jumps needed and hence increase profits.
    Dec 28, 2018
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    At 3008 I usually have a fully equipped ship and then at the peacetime I fulfill quests to earn extra cash, when there's a conflict or a planned conflict, I check it out.
    I don't need a fast hull for any of these though, since with a good engine and an engine item I have more than enough speed.
    Dec 28, 2018
  11. Poryg
    Poryg
    When I can get some AOE weapons though, I don't hesitate for a second, because they're ridiculously powerful compared to both missiles and single target guns. However, I always need to look out for my allies. Once I accidentally destroyed two military ships... xD
    Dec 28, 2018
  12. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I spend mostly on the speed first, I can live with 400's hull. But speed reached 820 to outrun everything. When there's a conflict, I didn't join. I'm slowly taking away spoiler of wars with minimum damage. And missiles to defend from far away just in case. My kill count usually zero in early-mid.
    Dec 28, 2018
  13. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    As I usually bait my target in an empty space, AoE weapon is not in my fave list. When dealing with hordes I prefer use missiles while running away, bcz stray missiles can also hit the enemy, for one-vs-one I switched to energy weapon.
    Dec 28, 2018
  14. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    sometimes lauching missile is cheaper than dealing head-on, bcz repairing the equipment after the battle is not cheap either. not sure though. but I like to avoid getting hit somehow, it's my playstyle in almost everything.
    Dec 28, 2018
  15. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind missiles, but usually I encounter a situation by 3006 where the missiles barely cause any damage to my dominator opponents. They also barely cause any damage to me (although through the middlegame there's just so many missile dominators that the damage piles up). As such they're completely irrelevant to me in the end.
    Dec 28, 2018
  16. Poryg
    Poryg
    But I can agree that surviving in close combat is not easy in SR1 and SR2. Without AOE weapons it's impossible to take on groups of enemies, although if you have 800 hull and deal 360 AOE damage per turn (hard to achieve tho), survival is not that hard anymore and I can essentially clear star systems on my own at this point.
    Dec 28, 2018
  17. Poryg
    Poryg
    As for repairs, I have never had any problems with expenses. Pirate bases offer you a substantial discount even if you just destroy dominator ships (since destroyed ships increase your pirate rating) and hence every repair is quite cheap for me as long as I sustain the combat and destroy ships regularly. I don't even need to be a pirate to achieve 64% pirate rating and therefore 64% discount for fix.
    Dec 28, 2018