Sauteed_Onion and Marsigne like this.
  3. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    True.
    Dec 30, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  4. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    JavaScript is easier for those used to C-style syntax though.
    Dec 30, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  5. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Does C# count? bcz I'm used to C#, but not JS.
    Dec 30, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  6. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Yes, C# is directly based on C++ (with more abstraction, and OOP), and if you look at the #, you'll see C++++ (as in a double increment). That is where its name comes from.
    Dec 30, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  7. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Well, I already know the origin of the name though. But yea, I think even C# syntax is somehow better than JS for some unknown reasons. I never tried C++ and the former though.
    Dec 30, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  8. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    C# is a very well designed language, and JS wasn't... not at first anyways. It has come a very long way since then though. There is some syntax sugar you can use in JS (like class keyword) that makes the code look more like C#. You should look into the features that were added in ECMAScript the past few years.
    Dec 30, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  9. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Class keyword is definitely a thing. But is it usable to dev MV plugins? that's something need to verify.
    Dec 30, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  10. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    It should be usable. The main thing is that MV deploys with a browser that runs the JS version with the class feature.
    Dec 30, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  11. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    can I create alias function within class bracket like in ruby? or do I need to store prototype function using prototype keyword like how it used to be?
    Dec 30, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.