Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I had that happen once. I deleted the code, retyped what I am sure was the exact same code, and it worked.
    Jan 1, 2019
    Marsigne and Kawers like this.
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm not sure if that would help in my case though. For some reason decreasing item width would help, but increasing width of a canvas wouldn't. Even though x and y coords are correct.
    Jan 1, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  3. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    You are check on loading and stored the picture property. Canvas method are very picky.
    Jan 1, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  4. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    I am not the same boat with you @Poryg. Looking at code and keep testing why is not run for a long hour. Your code probably full of nested and new keyword that is new to me.
    Jan 1, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  5. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Poryg, you could sent the code to other people here in a private message. To help you spot the error. I think it is good idea.
    Jan 1, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    I think I'll approach it from a different angle instead.
    Jan 1, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  7. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Have you tried a debugger?
    Jan 1, 2019
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    That's not a question you ask to a programmer :p
    Jan 1, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  9. Shaz
    Shaz
    have you tried another programmer? It's amazing how quickly someone else can spot a bug that's been driving you crazy for hours.
    Jan 1, 2019
    Marsigne and Poryg like this.
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    I tried it on my own, since it's a private commission, but will definitely ask. Thanks, @Kupotepo and @Shaz.
    Jan 1, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  11. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, in the end I solved it by using Window_HorzCommand prototype instead of Window_Selectable prototype. For some very weird reason it works as it should now.
    Jan 2, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    The problem was, for some reason Window_Selectable wouldn't draw more than 200px width. So since I wanted a custom number window with more than just 4 digits, I needed more space. Nevertheless, even if window width was the same as screen width, it wouldn't draw more than 200px width.
    Jan 2, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.