RPG Maker Forums

samkfj
samkfj
Bro--I know your pain, but at the same time, a bit of fun time is necessary to be sharp.
Reactions: Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Honestly, it's been a while since I've been this engrossed in a game. I think the one before this was Stardew Valley. Before that, it was Dragon Age Inquisition. Before that, Mass Effect 1... Stellaris kind of scratches my 4X itch in a way I didn't know possible. I can design my own races, play the game differently each time. Not see all the "events" in a single run... It's pretty versatile and fun.
samkfj
samkfj
I was trying to play 7 days to die lately--pc is being very unkind. It's a mindless game, but fun with friends.

Before that--was playing Dusk. Reminds me of a time when I was young and FPS games were just making their mark.

I heard good things about a game lately--I forget the name, I'll get back to you on it.
samkfj
samkfj
Rimworld. I don't know much about it--but from what I heard from my pals was it's very strategic. Sounds like something interesting to me.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I own 7 Days to Die and Rimworld. I own 7DTD on console though, where my friends are. It's really only fun to play with friends as the game has no "end game" content. It exists basically as "achievement grind". But, with friends, you can have a ton of fun. With Rimworld… it depends on what kind of games you like to play.
Reactions: samkfj
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Basically, the best way to play Rimworld is to first have a "very easy" game where you learn the mechanics of the game and how to survive efficiently (and manage the delicate mental states of your colony). Then, you start a new game, as the absolute best way to play is with random events happening quite often and you trying to manage them. Otherwise... fairly boring slog.
Reactions: samkfj
samkfj
samkfj
Hmm--might be worth a try at least. Though--I can't recommend Dusk enough. Super fun haha, very Quake I esque.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
My bro won't stop talking about Rimworld. And from what I can tell (I don't play the game), it isn't about trying to beat the game, but the game conveys a story so you create a story from it. More or less like The Sims.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arlesrnes