Comments on Profile Post by artoni

1. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    I think a lot of games could benefit from it, however if there is a demand I dunno... seeing as people generally underestimate that part of game-making (imo) i doubt a lot of people would seek it out.
    Jan 5, 2019
    MushroomCake28 likes this.
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    There is a demand for both.
    Jan 5, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  3. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    There is definitely a demand for that. People tend to have typos, forget words, have sometimes coherence problem, etc. (Myself including lol).
    Jan 5, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  4. artoni
    artoni
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys. c: Any ideas on rates? I'm thinking 15/h; considering I read 100+ pages of novel in that time, that's really not that bad, lol.
    Jan 5, 2019
  5. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Honestly I don't know how much people are willing to pay. You should start a thread/workshop in the classified section to offer your service and see if anyone is interested. If no one hires you for 2 weeks, consider lowering the cost.
    Jan 5, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    If you've got the quality to back it up, 15/h is more than sufficient.
    Jan 5, 2019
  7. artoni
    artoni
    Considering I legitimately have published editorial credits and will link them on the post... ;)
    Jan 5, 2019
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    I see full-time proofreaders with less language knowledge than I have and their qualities leaving a lot to be desired. References are always a good thing, but I sincerely hope you have the skill and aren't just talk :p
    Jan 5, 2019
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    Of course I don't mean to berate/mock you or your skills. I just saw you state that you could read 100+ pages of a novel in one hour, so I am just saying that hope you're not just speed :)
    Jan 5, 2019
  10. artoni
    artoni
    Haha, true that. I might offer some discounts initially, just to get some people here I can use as references.
    Jan 5, 2019
  11. Poryg
    Poryg
    Sure thing, that sounds like a good idea. Good luck!
    Jan 5, 2019
  12. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    That would be a great thing. I see typo's quite a bit in games and the person having a proofreader would really help them. Plus $15/h would be similar to them buying a tileset. I think they'd be more than happy to go for that especially if they're wanting to sell their game commercially and want it to be perfect.
    Jan 5, 2019
  13. Labyrinthine
    Labyrinthine
    I used proof reading in my last completed game. I'm sure it'll come handy for the devs whose primary language is not english.
    Jan 5, 2019
  14. artoni
    Jan 5, 2019
  15. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    @FleshToDust Even for those whose primary/strong language is English it could be useful. I make a lot of typos when I write lol.
    Jan 5, 2019
    FleshToDust likes this.
  16. artoni
    artoni
    Well I posted in classifieds, we'll see if it gets approved/I get any bites ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Jan 5, 2019
  17. samkfj
    samkfj
    This is one of the "jobs" I had in college. People will pay ridiculous amounts of money to ensure they don't have to do any work. I made a killing doing people's homework.
    Jan 6, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.