RPG Maker Forums

Finnuval
Finnuval
I think a lot of games could benefit from it, however if there is a demand I dunno... seeing as people generally underestimate that part of game-making (imo) i doubt a lot of people would seek it out.
Poryg
Poryg
There is a demand for both.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
There is definitely a demand for that. People tend to have typos, forget words, have sometimes coherence problem, etc. (Myself including lol).
artoni
artoni
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. c: Any ideas on rates? I'm thinking 15/h; considering I read 100+ pages of novel in that time, that's really not that bad, lol.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Honestly I don't know how much people are willing to pay. You should start a thread/workshop in the classified section to offer your service and see if anyone is interested. If no one hires you for 2 weeks, consider lowering the cost.
Poryg
Poryg
If you've got the quality to back it up, 15/h is more than sufficient.
artoni
artoni
Considering I legitimately have published editorial credits and will link them on the post... ;)
Poryg
Poryg
I see full-time proofreaders with less language knowledge than I have and their qualities leaving a lot to be desired. References are always a good thing, but I sincerely hope you have the skill and aren't just talk :p
Poryg
Poryg
Of course I don't mean to berate/mock you or your skills. I just saw you state that you could read 100+ pages of a novel in one hour, so I am just saying that hope you're not just speed :)
artoni
artoni
Haha, true that. I might offer some discounts initially, just to get some people here I can use as references.
Poryg
Poryg
Sure thing, that sounds like a good idea. Good luck!
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
That would be a great thing. I see typo's quite a bit in games and the person having a proofreader would really help them. Plus $15/h would be similar to them buying a tileset. I think they'd be more than happy to go for that especially if they're wanting to sell their game commercially and want it to be perfect.
Labyrinthine
Labyrinthine
I used proof reading in my last completed game. I'm sure it'll come handy for the devs whose primary language is not english.
artoni

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Man, nobody has created an MZ state animation plugin outside of VisuStella. That breaks my heart.
Finnuval wrote on Alador's profile.
Cute new avatar you got there ;)
Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keitaro122