Comments on Profile Post by samkfj

1. artoni
    artoni
    Common sense isn't so common, sadly - also, I feel you. My own work made me take like 5 classes on very simple time management stuff...
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  2. samkfj
    samkfj
    I mean... Is it really that difficult to get along with others--or in your case to manage time successfully? Really, what happened to our world?
    Jan 5, 2019
  3. artoni
    artoni
    I always think of the average person.
    Then realize half the population is below that.
    Jan 5, 2019
    mlogan and samkfj like this.
  4. samkfj
    samkfj
    You're probably right. The worst of it is that these people are the ones that lead, at least in my experience--and they wonder why I and people like me rebel.
    Jan 5, 2019
  5. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    If we used common sense, we would be out of a job. Frankly, people don't use it.
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  6. samkfj
    samkfj
    You two make too much sense.
    Jan 5, 2019
    OmnislashXX likes this.
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Well, what would you consider to be 'common sense'? Last time I had to go to something about diversity, it had very little to do with what I think of as general sense or wisdom. In my experience, most people do use common sense, it's just those we hear about the most who don't. Loud minorities are not representative of the majority.
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  8. samkfj
    samkfj
    For what happened today--it was a lot of respect your peers as difficult as it may be. I just sat there like--well of course be respectful. Of course be kind. For me there's really no other way to act. But I found it strange that for others there with me it was like news to them.
    Jan 5, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    That sounds nothing like the weirdness I had to sit through. lol. Mutual respect and cooperation are important when working together, I agree. It's okay to not like others, but it's not okay to bring those grievances into the workplace.
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  10. samkfj
    samkfj
    I think a lot of the wisest people are the ones drowned out by the rage of others. I see it here a lot too at work. I just tell everyone to come find me if anything ever happens, but no one ever does. Then I come to find out words were exchanged and someone is getting fired.
    Jan 5, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  11. samkfj
    samkfj
    I hope I didn't upset ya though stranger :)

Was just me venting on how I wish people could just get along better without paying someone ridiculous amounts of money to say it like we're children.
    Jan 5, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  12. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    There was a lot of workplace bullying going on when I was working. Our 'boss' was more concerned about projecting his tiny amount of power than managing his staff. I bet that sort of shite is still largely ignored, just as it is ignored in schools.
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  13. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Ha-Ha! No, you didn't upset me. Why would you think that? xD I've enjoyed the conversations I've had with you in the past. Forgive me if my first message made you think I had a bone to pick with you, that was not my intention.
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  14. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah that's how it is here... Exactly like that, but the thing that bothers me is that I'm the union representative, but no one ever comes to me for help until it's too late.
    Jan 5, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  15. samkfj
    samkfj
    Haha naw I just know I can get heated with certain things.
    Jan 5, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  16. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I understand. I can get pretty passionate about certain things too. I try my hardest not to talk about the news, politics, or anti-science quackery because it makes my blood boil. xD
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  17. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yup same! I just let it go for the most part.

But--you don't believe in the flat earth theory??
    Jan 5, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  18. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    LOL! Oh, I do! I mean, how could you not believe in it? It just makes so much sense. I always knew we were living on a discworld, and that all world governments were working together to keep this a secret for one reason or another. :p People moan about political correctness, but I think that pales in comparison to this sort of madness. xD
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  19. samkfj
    samkfj
    Omg I can't breathe hahaha
    Jan 5, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.