Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Ms Littlefish, would you please post your bread picture?
    I would like to see the visual. I hope you not just eating.
    Jan 5, 2019
  2. samkfj
    samkfj
    Nice! What did you use as a base? Btw do you have a recipe for gluten free brownies? I used to have one but it's lost to time...
    Jan 5, 2019
  3. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @samkfj I used quinoa flour and sorghum flour as the high protein flours, I used potato starch and tapioca as the high starch flours. I've only recently had to start eating gluten-free so I haven't converted my brownie recipe yet. I'll let you know!
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @Kupotepo Let me get you on the next loaf. The flavor of this one was great, but the dough was so enrinched that I really should have let it prove much longer. It's a bit of a shorty!
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  5. artoni
    artoni
    Yaaay!
    Jan 5, 2019
  6. samkfj
    samkfj
    Girl--if you're keen on sharing the recipe, I'd be willing to accept it :D that sounds redonkuliously good.
    Jan 5, 2019
    Ms Littlefish likes this.
  7. Sharm
    Sharm
    Congrats! Breads are the most strange, I think, other things usually made with wheat are easier to get used to the substitution taste. Try almond flour for sweets baking, it's quite tasty, especially in waffles. I also really like revolution rolls, they're almost entirely made of eggs. My favorite for pizza crust is made with cauliflower but is really annoying to make.
    Jan 5, 2019
  8. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @Sharm I've actually already been using almond flour for quite a long time. It's just YUMMY. I love making these carrot cake breakfast muffins with it. I already make coconut pancakes, too! I've never tried cauliflower crust but it does look annoying really annoying to me.
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj and Sharm like this.
  9. mlogan
    mlogan
    Please give me the recipe when you get it perfected!
    Jan 5, 2019
    Ms Littlefish and samkfj like this.
  10. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    All of you are very good at cooking. We should create a new thread about cooking receipts.
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  11. samkfj
    samkfj
    I have lots of recipes to share! I had made a thread about it but I haven't added but one recipe.
    Jan 5, 2019
    Kupotepo likes this.
  12. Sharm
    Sharm
    I'm actually not any good at cooking at all, haven't had enough practice, but my mom's got a wheat allergy and my dad's an amazing cook so I eat gluten free any time I eat with them.
    Jan 5, 2019
    mlogan and samkfj like this.
  13. samkfj
    samkfj
    I personally am not keen on gluten-free foods, but I'll try anything just to see if I like it or not. That's how I learned I like sushi, escargot, and ranch dressing on pizza.
    Jan 5, 2019
  14. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Ha, ranch dressing on pizza. You can thank the Midwest for that one. XD

<--Midwest girl.
    Jan 5, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  15. samkfj
    samkfj
    So that's where it comes from? Very interesting.

The mystery has been solved. Dang--now am hungry.
    Jan 5, 2019