Comments on Profile Post by OmnislashXX

1. samkfj
    samkfj
    I wasn't impressed. I also managed to predict the movie from the trailer and first five minutes. Maybe you'll like it but I didn't like it.
    Jan 6, 2019
  2. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It's got pretty poor cinematography and a really bad plotline that makes very little sense. My problem with it is that it's an interesting premise that doesn't capitalize on what it is. If you're looking for something similar, but done better, there's that movie about the family having to be silent. I forget the name. But, it's a lot better.
    Jan 6, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  3. samkfj
    samkfj
    Oh yeah that one was pretty good. A quiet place.
    Jan 6, 2019
  4. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    I havent watched it yet, but will probably do so just so I get the memes.
    Jan 6, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  5. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    That's pretty much why I want to.
    Jan 6, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  6. samkfj
    samkfj
    I have to find these memes.
    Jan 6, 2019
  7. samkfj
    samkfj
    Okay--that's funny.
    Jan 6, 2019
  8. l8rose
    l8rose
    Well you could always go for the "See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil" trifecta and watch Bird Box, A Quiet Place and Hush one after the other.
    Jan 6, 2019
  9. samkfj
    samkfj
    Or that other film--the one with the guy and the people in the house and they try to steal the things.

I forget the name.
    Jan 6, 2019
  10. samkfj
    samkfj
    Don't Breathe!
    Jan 6, 2019
  11. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    That's a case where I would root for the bad guy. I really don't like thieves. I gotta see that.
    Jan 6, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  12. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Some of these horror movies are almost like pron, in a way. The women usually just get whacked, though I'm sure the end result would be a bit different if our societal rules weren't what they are.
    Jan 6, 2019
  13. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It has less to do with "societal rules" and more to do with "appealing to demographics" and "biology". Most men are hard-wired to "protect" people. Even more so when it comes to women (our species wouldn't exist without this trait). Horror movies are typically enjoyed by male audiences and not female ones. "Saving the woman" simply appeals to that demographic.
    Jan 7, 2019