Comments on Profile Post by l8rose

1. samkfj
    samkfj
    Is that the one where the people change into other people and do crazy things? I dunno--my girl was telling me about it but I was trying to do something else... but I think she said something like that?..
    Jan 7, 2019
    l8rose likes this.
  2. samkfj
    samkfj
    nvm--I just asked her again. I was kinda right, but very wrong.
    Jan 7, 2019
    l8rose likes this.
  3. l8rose
    l8rose
    Well... you weren't completely wrong.
    Jan 7, 2019
  4. samkfj
    samkfj
    I should watch it then--I like cyberpunk things. I rarely watch tv/netflix though. I recently saw that one about the people covering their faces--they make memes about it... I am so bad with remembering things... who are you again? I was just conversing about it last night and I forgot already..
    Jan 7, 2019
    l8rose likes this.
  5. samkfj
    samkfj
    Bir box.
    Jan 7, 2019
    l8rose likes this.
  6. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    It's had an awesome setting with cool concepts, but I personally thought the plot itself and characters were a little meh. Feels a little like a missed opportunity.
    Jan 7, 2019
    l8rose likes this.
  7. l8rose
    l8rose
    If nothing else, I'd say watch it because there really isn't that much well thought out sci-fi shows out there and it's not that long compared to the cable network stuff. Helps that there was a book series that it was based on.
    Jan 7, 2019
  8. l8rose
    l8rose
    I thought it was pretty good personally, not long enough to fully flesh out some characters but otherwise not that bad with what they had. My only issues with the plot is that they stuck in a part from later on in the book series so it ends up coming across disjointed (that flashback episode really messes with the flow of the season) and the villain being out of left field.
    Jan 7, 2019
    Matseb2611 likes this.
  9. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Anime stories - usually anything to do with technology or cyberpunk are pretty dayum confusing. That kind of show I just won't watch. Most anime sorta sucks nowadays.
    Jan 7, 2019
  10. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I've heard it was based on a book series, though not read them myself. When doing book adaptations, there's always that element that the film or show won't live up to the author's vision. I enjoyed that flashback episode. It explained a lot about the main character. But you're right, it did break the flow and seemed out of place with the others.
    Jan 8, 2019
  11. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Honestly I didn't like the main character. Couldn't relate to him and his personality at all.
    Jan 8, 2019
  12. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    From sci-fi shows, so far the ones I really enjoyed have been Dark Matter and Continuum. Although I'd say seasons 2 and 3 of The 100 were also pretty great.
    Jan 8, 2019
  13. samkfj
    samkfj
    SG-1 and Atlantis!
    Jan 8, 2019