Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    But i like dragons....
    Jan 7, 2019
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, but I'm that bad kind that will attack you at my current state. Woke up thirsty and with insane headache only to find some dude asking me for a ransomware malware over discord.
    Jan 7, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    The headache is subsiding, so who knows what was the reason for it, but it takes few hours before my mood clears up.
    Jan 7, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  4. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    I even like the bad kind (maybe cause im one myself most of the time) but yeah... That's annoying, hope you were a good bad dragon and bit his head off ;)
    Jan 7, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I attacked him. Because it's already an Xth person to ask. Why in the world do people think they can message every person from the server and just like that receive links for ransomware or other lethal malware?
    Jan 7, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  6. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Good! As to the why.... I dont even want to understand in alle honesty. Some people are just... Well you know ;)
    Jan 7, 2019
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah. And all these script kiddos that want to be varri xool haxxorz really don't make me feel confident in sending random people malware. What would they do with it? I don't even wanna know.
    Jan 7, 2019
    samkfj and Finnuval like this.
  8. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Yeah, shouldnt give kids fire to play with... Same thing.
    Jan 7, 2019
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    Actually, kids playing with fire is usually just an accident resulting from their stupid behavior. But for example the creator of Mrs Major had to put the virus down due to the fact that many people sent him inquires on how to remove it from their computers.
    Jan 7, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    Some of them were idiots who launched the program knowing the consequences, some of them were people that got sent this virus to by a friend as a prank.
    Jan 7, 2019
  11. Poryg
    Poryg
    And that's actually really dangerous. Me having no internet on my computer until I was 16, for a long time I had only a basic antivirus, since I had no need to have one. And a stupid prank like that would be lethal.
    Jan 7, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  12. samkfj
    samkfj
    Ahh--don't worry about it. They ask because they lack the capacity to solve their own problems. Leave 'em to their own devices.
    Jan 7, 2019
  13. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Why hack at all? Oh. Because of money. Good ol fashioned money.

Dragons are usually temperamental but they can be reasoned with. Maybe.
    Jan 7, 2019
  14. samkfj
    samkfj
    @Poryg the magic dragon, lives by the sea, and frolicked in the autumn mist--to bust a cap like a g.
    Jan 7, 2019
  15. Poryg
    Poryg
    Why hack? So many possible reasons.
    Money
    Glory/infamy
    Low level programming experience
    Practice in finding and exploitation of weaknesses
    Intel/data gathering and access to normally hidden data
    vengeance
    Fun and challenge
    Fighting for a greater cause
    And there are more reasons out there.
    Jan 7, 2019
    Philosophus Vagus and samkfj like this.
  16. samkfj
    samkfj
    The best reason--

because.
    Jan 7, 2019
  17. Poryg
    Poryg
    For example due to computerization of many things we can now even wage a cyber warfare, taking down entire power plants, hospitals and even military targets. Pentagon, Russia and China employ hackers for both aggression and defence.
    Jan 7, 2019
  18. samkfj
    samkfj
    I remember seeing a documentary on that. It's really kinda scary how everything is tied by the internet.

Though I wouldn't want to know someone took out a hospital... that'd be horrible.
    Jan 7, 2019
  19. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yes. That would be terrible.
    Nevertheless, back in 2010-2013 hacker and malware maker communities used to thrive on the internet. But now as the general interest for hacking is increasing (especially by script kiddos), they have been forced to move to underground. Nowadays most hacker communities are on darknet and are invite only or dead.
    Jan 7, 2019
    samkfj likes this.