Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Maybe you've pushed the overclock on your brain too far. Perhaps a bigger cooler should do the trick? Or water cooling?
    Jan 8, 2019
    Finnuval and Poryg like this.
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I went on 100% performance for far too long. Probably some software update as well in the process.
    Jan 8, 2019
    MushroomCake28 likes this.
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    I thought the point of chess was to be hard all the time.

Sorry you're brain dead. I get that way a lot due to one of my health problems. It's hard to recover from. You just have to turn the "computer" off and let it cool down for a while.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    You can't fight fatigue. Two years ago I brought myself to a winning position against a Woman National master only to succumb to brain overheating and so heavy fatigue that the entire next day I had headaches.
    Jan 8, 2019
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    I don't think I'll play chess for much longer tho, max 5 years. In last 8 months I have experienced substantual decrease in testosterone, which has taken away my aggression and completely changed my playstyle to something that's not me. Not to mention the ever increasing problems with focus.
    Jan 8, 2019
  6. Sharm
    Sharm
    Wow! I hope you got some medical help with that. Large changes in hormones can really mess you up. I'm all for making choices that keep you healthy and happy.
    Jan 8, 2019
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    It's nowhere near life threatening. I'm just losing my hair a bit and getting less aggressive. My mating desires are also lower, although I still can recognize an attractive girl. It's just that I'm definitely a less happy man than I used to be, because testosterone is one of men's fueling machines.
    Jan 8, 2019
  8. Sharm
    Sharm
    It's kind of essential. Hormones do tons of stuff, things people don't even associate with them. If I were you I wouldn't put off seeking help, especially since there's a fairly straightforward fix.
    Jan 8, 2019
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm not entirely sure if I honestly want that to be honest. These betablockers and past experiences have raised a red flag. Not to mention, testosterone pills aren't the cheapest...
    Jan 8, 2019
  10. Sharm
    Sharm
    I get it. No matter what, I wish you well and happy. I hope taking yourself away from the stress is enough.
    Jan 8, 2019