Comments on Profile Post by samkfj

1. samkfj
    samkfj
    At about 30 seconds my girl comes into the room with a sign saying "DO YOU WANNA PLAY A GAEM!?" Almost lost my composure.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Finnuval and The Stranger like this.
  2. samkfj
    samkfj
    Also recorded on my phone because--ratchet.
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. artoni
    artoni
    That sounds like a keeper.
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger and samkfj like this.
  4. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah she's crazy haha.
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    What game did you end up playing with your girlfriend? :)
    Jan 8, 2019
  6. samkfj
    samkfj
    Something called Vanguard. It's based on some anime or maybe the anime is based on the game, am not sure.

Reminds me a lot of the Final Fantasy CG.

Played it on Tabletop Simulator on Steam.
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I played and completed Lord of the Rings: War in the North with my ex. Probably the main reason why I enjoyed that game so much. We also used to play against one another in Medieval 2 Total War. You're making me want to find another girlfriend who'll play games with me. lol.
    Jan 8, 2019
  8. samkfj
    samkfj
    That sounds awesome! Yeah, her and I, we play a lot of games together. We met through an mmo called "The Secret World." She was my healer, and I was her tank in our guild (cabal.)

I would have to wake up early to play with her as her time zone was a 6 hour difference. Eventually, it was like say--why not be my healer IRL? She accepted.
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Awwh! That story genuinely made me smile. The Secret World is that mmo set in the modern world (or early 2000's), and is about fighting the supernatural, right? I've always been interested in it, but I've never played it.
    Jan 8, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  10. samkfj
    samkfj
    And yes--you should find one! It really is a bonding experience. One that truly can't be matched.
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  11. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah it was amazing. Lots of Lovecraftian style lore, government coverups, and just craziness. I haven't played it in years, but it was a real great one. I followed it for years before it was even released. I loved the idea of a modern mmo with a creepy vibe. Very X-Files meets Supernatural.
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  12. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    It sorta reminded me of the World of Darkness by White Wolf, but with less of a focus on emo vampires and eco-warrior werewolves. :p
    Jan 8, 2019
  13. samkfj
    samkfj
    Haha yeah, for sure! I can totally see that. That was another game we were wanting to try--was unfortunate it was cancelled, but maybe in the end, it was better that way.
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  14. samkfj
    samkfj
    Y'know what this forum could use--a chat! At the bottom, so everyone that's online can interact!

That might just be my extroversion talking, but yes!
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  15. samkfj
    samkfj
    I should find more games to play. Still have to complete divinity os 2
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  16. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I'm tempted to play Original Sin 2, hearing so much about it and all, but I really don't like the look of the combat. I don't enjoy frustrating (or what people call challenging) games anymore. I enjoy stories, multiple paths, and other similar things in games.
    Jan 8, 2019
  17. samkfj
    samkfj
    Well it does have a mode that's more story focused. Am not sure what it entails, but I think it has a lot less emphasis on combat--but when ya do get another gamer girl--y'all should play it :D
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  18. samkfj
    samkfj
    Besides the combat--it would meet all your other requirements. Has a really interesting story and lots of multiple paths. I played that one with my girl, but for some reason we stopped.
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  19. samkfj
    samkfj
    Y'know--on second thought, I think the moderation on a forum chat room would be horrible for the mods. I think bots would also invade.
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  20. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah. Apparently, the mods have to remove a lot of spam posts from bots on a near daily basis, so imagine what it'd be like on a chatroom. Just constant ads for working at home, weird pyramid schemes, and others nonsense. lol.
    Jan 8, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  21. samkfj
    samkfj
    Am still kinda bummed I didn't get a message to meet my sexy neighbors in my area... those bots didn't find me worthy of non-existent pr0n spam.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Finnuval and The Stranger like this.
  22. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Not even consoles are safe from this crap. I sometimes get messages from 'girls' who turn out to be nothing but bots trying to direct me to some site. Ended up changing my settings so only friends can send me messages.
    Jan 8, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  23. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah I get that a lot too... I got one message once saying "Hey I had fun playing Destiny with you!"

I was like Ha! I play Destiny ALONE!
    Jan 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.