Comments on Profile Post by Sharm

1. Sharm
    Sharm
    Existing art styles preferred, not limited to my own. I would also be happy to draw new smileys or icons.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* and The Stranger like this.
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    (Limited time offer, I'm going to go to bed soon.)
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* and The Stranger like this.
  3. samkfj
    samkfj
    What about a little auto garage, with little tools and stuff?
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  4. samkfj
    samkfj
    Or at the very minimum--a little auto mechanic workbench with tools.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  5. Sharm
    Sharm
    Hmm. Style? I'm open to doing any existing pixel style, preferably something that has a pack for RM so it'll be more useful.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  6. artoni
    artoni
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  7. samkfj
    samkfj
    Hmm style? I'd say close to rtp, but doesn't have to be. Really any style am sure would be neat.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  8. Sharm
    Sharm
    Oh, I could do wood floor for days. Seamless tiles that don't need to have edges are super fun to make. Celianna agrees.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  9. Sharm
    Sharm
    FES, DS, XP or 2k3's RTP? (Others are invalid choices, they aren't pixel art.)
    Jan 8, 2019
  10. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah it was the first thing to pop I my head on account'a I've never seen an auto mechanic bench in pixel form. Maybe someone would like that. I know I would
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  11. samkfj
    samkfj
    Considering there's fewer modern tiles than not.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  12. samkfj
    samkfj
    Wood floors are always nice.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  13. samkfj
    samkfj
    And I say XP style for whatever ya decide to make. I always loved xp
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  14. Hudell
    Hudell
    What about a giraffe?
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* and samkfj like this.
  15. samkfj
    samkfj

Sorry--just--had to.
    Jan 8, 2019
  16. Sharm
    Sharm
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise*, Hudell and samkfj like this.
  17. Sharm
    Sharm
    Too many wood floor patterns require dividing evenly by 3, which doesn't work with 32x32 tiles.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  18. Sharm
    Sharm
    Okay, time for me to try for sleep before the pain meds completely wear off. G'night!
    Jan 8, 2019
  19. samkfj
    samkfj
    G'night Sharm!
    Jan 8, 2019
  20. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Bedbug squishing with a rolling pin! (sorry I kinda don't feel well these last months of re-invasion.) XD Uh tile related... sorry carpets or cat beds
    Jan 8, 2019
  21. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Aww forgot about your pain. It was nice you had a cool time able to make the best of it before pain bit. Thanks for your kind and generous use of your energy and inspiration ^^

And... HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Jan 8, 2019
  22. Sharm
    Sharm
    I've found a combination of mint and lemon to be really good at keeping away pests of all sorts, and it smells really nice. Looking it up, it seems like lemongrass and lavender are supposed to be especially good for bedbugs.
    Jan 8, 2019
  23. samkfj
    samkfj
    I thought you were gonna get rest. You okay?
    Jan 8, 2019
  24. Sharm
    Sharm
    Happy New Year to you too. :LZYgrin: Pet supplies would be a really great expansion set idea, I'll keep it in mind for later.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  25. Sharm
    Sharm
    Resting is relative. :LZSangel: I'm not too bad considering, but sleep is being evasive. Don't worry, I'll take something for it now. I just don't like to unless I have too.
    Jan 8, 2019
  26. Sharm
    Sharm
    Oh shoot, sorry Marquise*, I don't think my suggestions will be all that helpful after all. Most of them repel cats too.
    Jan 8, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  27. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    XD It is all right @Sharm LOL I cannot imagine me using the rolling pin over the elderly Daughter Cat. XD

(Wednesday the joke won't be funny thought ^^)
    Jan 9, 2019
  28. Gary-Sutherland
    Gary-Sutherland
    Hmmm...What about...Southern USA small townscape with some dives akin to Wafflehouse, rib joints diners etc. maybe some upper middle class houses. I don't see many of those around, then again i am born five-minutes-ago new to this program.

I assume this is for the MV tile set size?
    Jan 9, 2019
  29. Sharm
    Sharm
    That'd be fun to see in tiles, but it's not a small request at all! That'd be months of work.

Actually, I don't like working at the MV tile size. Not only is 48x48 awkward, it's too big for pixel art IMO. But if I work at 16x16 or 24x24 it can scale up to MV size without getting weird.
    Jan 9, 2019
  30. Gary-Sutherland
    Gary-Sutherland
    Oh! sorry i thought the scope was a tileset haha my bad.

How about...a cassock for a priest outfit for the character? or is that also a big project? (i can only imagine with 30+ different configurations in the sprites).

So to scale up you just load the image into GIMP or Ps then adjust the proportions, does it noticeably affect the quality of the tile?
    Jan 9, 2019
  31. Sharm
    Sharm
    It depends. Since I'm doing pixel art, if I do it as a full multiple, like %200 or %300, and don't add any smoothing, then it doesn't change the look at all, just makes the pixels huge. If I were to scale up with non-pixel art then yeah, it makes it look all fuzzy and low quality. I'd use Waifu2x or something though, something better than what GIMP or PS comes with.
    Jan 10, 2019
    Gary-Sutherland likes this.
  32. Sharm
    Sharm
    Just one clothing item for a full sprite is medium hard. I could do it in a day if I spent a good chunk of time. But most of the time you only need one direction for a priest and that would be a small request.
    Jan 10, 2019
  33. Gary-Sutherland
    Gary-Sutherland
    Third time's a charm, a mix of Cat tails? like the river plant not actual... severed...cat tails...
    Jan 10, 2019
  34. Sharm
    Sharm
    That's an excellent small request. Now I just need an art style. Pixel Myth already has cat tails, and I think Time Fantasy does too, but I'm not sure about the other pixel art styles.
    Jan 10, 2019
    Gary-Sutherland likes this.
  35. Sharm
    Sharm
    I don't think so, but I am certainly not against someone using it that way. Whatever works for you! Personally, I think if you're going to match it to an RTP, it matches XP better. It needs a palette change, but that's easy enough when you're dealing with pixel art.
    Jan 11, 2019
    Marquise* and Gary-Sutherland like this.
  36. Gary-Sutherland
    Gary-Sutherland
    Misread your earlier comment, sorry about that. I will have to take some time and look at these programs. The extent of "graphic editing" i have done so far has been using yanfly's icon generator.
    Jan 11, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  37. Sharm
    Sharm
    No worries. No one expects you to be an expert when you're just starting out, and you don't have to be good at everything to use RPG Maker.
    Jan 11, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.