Comments on Profile Post by samkfj

1. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Because some of us prefer our toast burnt.
    Jan 11, 2019
    OmnislashXX and samkfj like this.
  2. samkfj
    samkfj
    Well--I can't argue with that, makes me want toast now.
    Jan 11, 2019
  3. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    I was gonna say that. Dam.
    Jan 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  4. samkfj
    samkfj
    But--here's the strange part... if there's say, 6 settings... and setting 1 lightly toasts, 2 browns, and 3 burns... what are the other 3 settings for?
    Jan 11, 2019
  5. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Dark. And there are other things besides toast that go in the toaster. Like English Muffins, Bagels, and Waffles. The Eggo kind.
    Jan 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  6. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Now, I'm waiting fo someone to say they're getting hungry and then go and make some English Muffins.
    Jan 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  7. samkfj
    samkfj
    My toaster wont accommodate bagels, but when I jam them in there--they burn anyway, even on low. English muffins though... I haven't tried in there, and eggos yeah I suppose the higher settings work, but I have to watch them so they wont burn or crumble and fall inside.

and yes an English muffin does sound great. Anything does right now in fact -_-
    Jan 11, 2019
  8. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Butter them biscuits, then.
    Jan 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  9. mobiusclimber
    mobiusclimber
    The numbers are minutes. And some things take longer in the toaster than other things.
    Jan 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  10. samkfj
    samkfj
    They're minutes? Really?.. I never considered that. I always thought it was intensity. I'll have to try that when I get home. But if so--what would require upwards of 5 minutes in a toaster?
    Jan 11, 2019
  11. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, english muffins take more time. There's also the if something was frozen or not, that will change things. French toast works well in a toaster too.
    Jan 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  12. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    French Toast goes in the George Foreman press.
    Jan 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  13. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    And then there is my toaster. At 1 I'm just eating bread held over a candle and at 2 I'm eating a burnt hockey puck. On another note, I need a new toaster.
    Jan 11, 2019
    OmnislashXX, samkfj and mobiusclimber like this.
  14. samkfj
    samkfj
    Raw French toast? Or like eggo frozen French toast?

Also yes, my toaster is old too... Circa 2005.
    Jan 11, 2019
  15. Sharm
    Sharm
    Um, leftovers. I always make more than I'll eat in one go, because they're so nice to have later, and less work if you just do it all at once.

When I don't have a toaster, a bit of butter and a pan works pretty well.
    Jan 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  16. samkfj
    samkfj
    Never thought of using leftovers in the toaster. I'll have to try that, assuming there's any leftovers to begin with.

Normally I like to toast some things in the griddle like biscuits and Texas toast. Also buns.
    Jan 11, 2019