Comments on Profile Post by samkfj

1. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @samkfj, what happens on your area ? Hot or cold
    Jan 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  2. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    So in short you're stuck at work all by yourself now? I've been at work for the last 3 hours...not a single person has come in at all.
    Jan 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  3. samkfj
    samkfj
    Right now it's cold. Earlier it was warm. Sucks...

Yeah am here alone. It sucks not because of it, mostly... but because they don't have the courtesy of letting me know. If they left any mess or anything it'll be on them this time.
    Jan 11, 2019
  4. samkfj
    samkfj
    @bgillisp Doesn't it kinda just suck when you're alone at work? Am mostly alone in my office to begin with. At the very least we're making money, right?
    Jan 11, 2019
  5. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    In my case I'm working online so I'm always alone at work, but I can chat with the other workers via the chat system. But since we have all been sitting here twiddling our thumbs since we opened, we're now just bored.
    Jan 11, 2019
  6. samkfj
    samkfj
    That's been me the past few months. Am just afraid they'll realize the actual amount of work I do. Don't get me wrong, I do my work as early as possible, but lately it's less and less. Last thing I want is someone assuming I just sit here and so nothing for 9 hours.
    Jan 11, 2019
  7. samkfj
    samkfj
    I think the thing that really bothers me is--I could have left early too and surprised my girl with a nice meal somewhere. But by the time I get out, everything is closed.
    Jan 11, 2019
  8. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Ah, see mine is an online tutoring job. We get some dead nights (especially early term and near breaks) and we get busy nights too. Just varies.
    Jan 11, 2019
  9. samkfj
    samkfj
    That's pretty neat. My job is a lot less glamorous--but I can't complain. Well just about how uncommunicative my co-workers can be.
    Jan 11, 2019
  10. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Ha so true. BTW your job reminds me of the time I worked in a call center 3:30 - midnight Sun - Thurs. We were SO dead from 8 pm onwards we got paid to read. Or play UNO. Or do our Homework.
    Jan 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  11. samkfj
    samkfj
    Haha! That's awesome. In many aspects, that's a lot of what I do lately. Get paid to play doom and eat treats. Saturday it'll just be me again, gonna bring my laptop and work on sprites. Just have to wait to check in freight... Has the potential of being extremely boring.
    Jan 11, 2019
  12. artoni
    artoni
    At least you're being smart about it, and it sounds like your work doesn't mind so long as you get the work /done/ - which is always awesome.
    Jan 12, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  13. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah they either don't mind or they don't know, but when it comes to me they let a lot slide. Am basically the person that they call when all Hell breaks loose.
    Jan 12, 2019
  14. samkfj
    samkfj
    A few months ago, someone broke a propane valve. It was raining and everyone was scared. They said Sam can you fix it!? So am out there in lightning and heavy rain fixing a valve with a huge wrench. Totally not in my job description, but it's a job someone had to do.
    Jan 12, 2019