Comments on Profile Post by Prescott

1. kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    I actually really like XP, probably more than the others, except that the text box input is quite unusable for me and it's kind of important to a story.
    Just thinking about the soundtrack makes me want to try it again, thanks ;)
    Jan 16, 2019
  2. Prescott
    Prescott
    @kirbwarrior i don't know if you knew this but you can actually right click and use the batch text option which will give you 4 lines instead of 3 on the message box. It is weird that they never fixed that.
    Jan 18, 2019
    kirbwarrior likes this.
  3. kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    I did but thank you. That's fine for initial dialogue, but it doesn't allow for ease of editing later on. I actually used to have an extremely roundabout way of doing it by using a hacked version of XP that let you in editor change the size of the box. I would do text management in that program, then bring it over to the actual XP. It's only slightly better.
    Jan 18, 2019
  4. kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    If I knew how to do the battle system to mimic XP's properly in MV, then I could get most of what I want there.
    But I'll always missed those layers.
    Jan 18, 2019
  5. Prescott
    Prescott
    @kirbwarrior postality knights? ;) heh heh heh
    i know there's much more you can do with formulas and stuff with mv, but man, i do like the simplicity of xp's battle system waaaay better.
    you could always use tileD with mv, but it is something that isn't built in the engine, yeah, layers were amazing.
    Jan 18, 2019
    kirbwarrior likes this.
  6. kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    Ah, PK, those were the days. XP also has the weapon ATK separate from STR which I thought was awesome. At least with MV you can keep things simple.
    Jan 19, 2019
    Prescott likes this.
  7. Prescott
    Prescott
    @kirbwarrior i actually didn't know a real version of XP existed for the longest time, until i got banned from some forum for using pk xD
    Jan 19, 2019
    kirbwarrior likes this.
  8. kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    I was so happy when the makers came over officially. I now own them all from 2k forward on Steam, but I did have both PK and a regular unofficial english XP back in the day. I've always been pretty evasive about talking about PK since I know it's not allowed on most forums.
    Jan 19, 2019
  9. Prescott
    Prescott
    @kirbwarrior the way i see it, it's more of a funny part of rm's history than something a lot of people are actively using nowadays, it's probably not as much of an issue.
    Jan 20, 2019
    kirbwarrior likes this.
  10. kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    That's true, and it's not like people don't know about it or Don Miguel's 2k. Honestly, I don't know if using PK is "bad" if you also have and use the official XP.
    Jan 20, 2019
    Prescott likes this.