RPG Maker Forums

TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Better question: Has there been anyone that has used Live2D?
Archeia
Archeia
@TheoAllen plenty!
@Uzuki the problem is that there's no good Live2D plugins right now in RMMV because of reasons. I think Kino was the last one to try a good one?
Reactions: Uzuki
Uzuki
Uzuki
@TheoAllen It's pretty much the default program to use for any high-quality anime aesthetic mobile game.

@Archeia Aww that's a shame to hear. I know I probably shouldn't be thinking about it while working on my current project, but it's something that keeps popping into my head to experiment with.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I mean in our community. I also play a mobile game that uses L2D, but I haven't heard/know someone who made a legit L2D animation while also doing some stuff in RM :p
Uzuki
Uzuki
Ah okay. Your comment read as if you were asking if anyone ever used it.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I'm more concerned about the effort rather than the result. Someone I know tried to make L2D, and he explained the hard part of it.

So, my statement/question is actually "Instead of wondering about it, do you really think you can make one? what about the resources? the animation? what kind of resources you need to have? have you ever tried it?"
Archeia
Archeia
@TheoAllen it's insanely easy to animate in Live2D. You'll just spend your time rigging the base model. But once that time consuming part is over, you can do whatever you want with the model for the most part. We do have community members here that did use it. Every animation you see in this game is in Live2D https://xandart.itch.io/love-ritual
Archeia
Archeia
But that's more in Visual Novel Maker. If you want RPG Maker you have to go to the Japanese audience. But like I said, there's not really a reliable Live2D 2.1 script for RMMV right now. I can get it to work but not in a capacity to use in a full game aside from displaying models here and there. I rather just use VNM if I use Live2d y'know?
Archeia
Archeia
And yes, I made a Live2D Model before with Metis and she's fully animated. It's a lot of practice to get used to Live2D. But the same concept applies to AnyPortrait or Dragonbones. If you know 3D Live2d becomes easier. I even animated Ralph in it. I deleted all my videos though.
Uzuki
Uzuki
Aww that's a shame about the videos. Would have loved to see Ralph in all his anime glory.
Archeia
Archeia
@Uzuki it's ok. I redrew him recently so rigging his model wouldn't be as bad as the one I had before.
Sharm
Sharm
I've used Live2D before. Not extensively and not in RM but I have used it. Like Archeia said, getting it set up is the time consuming and slightly difficult part, but once all the bits are in, it's actually really easy and really fun to get an animation working. I fully intend to use it more in the future.
Sharm
Sharm
It would be soooo cool if there was a good RM plugin for it, especially if it worked with the existing Dragon Bones plugin. Animations everywhere!
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Yeah I've heard that set up the base is the time-consuming part and my friend back on the time when L2D was just released, he messed up quite a lot and have to redo it.

I'm saying this bcz most of us are solo dev, and probably some not even into art.
Sharm
Sharm
That's cool. For most people I think Live2D is more trouble than it's worth, but for an artist who would otherwise be hand drawing frames, it's really awesome.
Archeia
Archeia
@TheoAllen the appeal of Live2D is especially more important for a solo dev! Instead of drawing handframes, you just put polygons on a drawing and mesh, similar to transform tool in photoshop. It's a lot easier than handdrawing everything. It's why I compare it to Dragonbones (or Spine even)
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Fair enough, I haven't tried it yet personally. Or even animating in general using a framework (I'm too used with frame-based animation). So I have nothing more to add in this matter.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!
*FurAffinity is down*
*Sets house on fire*
This is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TookMyRole