4. Archeia
    Archeia
    Jan 18, 2019
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    Jan 18, 2019
  6. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    There has been way too many data breaches the past few years. Something needs to be done about it.
    Jan 18, 2019
  7. Sharm
    Sharm
    @Poryg Because coming up with new passwords that are not only secure but something I'll remember is a pain, especially since I'm having memory problems lately.
    Jan 18, 2019
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    #PasswordManager
    Jan 18, 2019
  9. Sharm
    Sharm
    Maybe I'm too old or something, but I don't trust those things. If my hotmail gets hacked, I just lose an email address. If a password manager gets hacked, you lose your digital life.
    Jan 18, 2019
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    I understand your concern. Until recently I was afraid to use one as well, for the exact same reason.
    Nevertheless, experience is telling me that any good password manager is much safer than passwords generated by me.
    Jan 18, 2019
  11. Poryg
    Poryg
    The reason for that is, security related companies have to invest in their security quite heavily if they want to maintain great reputation. Any major security breach could mean the end for them. And I'm alone and have to generate passwords I will remember.
    Jan 18, 2019
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    So just like I trust my bank that it won't steal my money, just like I trust a taxi driver with my life... I'm much more ready to trust a reputable password manager than myself.
    Jan 18, 2019
  13. Sharm
    Sharm
    That makes sense. I know myself well enough to know what I can and can't trust, and I like to keep the illusion of control where I can, so I'm going to stick with my way a bit longer. :LZYgrin:
    Jan 18, 2019