Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    How could you manage all that at once? :o
    Jan 21, 2019
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    It's maybe not a great answer, but I have tremendous pain tolerance.
    Jan 21, 2019
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    Uuuuugh, that sounds super awful. Is your ENT doctor looking into a more permanent solution? I think I would be living on top of my humidifier with vasaline, tissues, and honey lemon drink at hand.
    Jan 21, 2019
    Ms Littlefish and The Stranger like this.
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    1 like = 1 get well soon hug. You must really feel like complete crap. :(
    Jan 21, 2019
    Ms Littlefish likes this.
  5. Sharm
    Sharm
    . . . Come to think of it, that's how I delt with what I'm pretty sure was pneumonia.
    Jan 21, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. Sharm
    Sharm
    Whatever you do, don't take an expectorant. In this situation it'll make everything worse.
    Jan 21, 2019
    The Stranger and Ms Littlefish like this.
  7. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I have three humidifiers, tons of Aquaphor, and plenty of meds. I've had surgery on the ears in the past that helped me tremendously. I used to get like this many times a year. I think I haven't come down with anything like this in a couple years. My immune system was pretty compromised so it seemed pretty inevitable.
    Jan 21, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  8. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @Sharm I've been relying on supportive measures mostly. Hot teas and hot showers. I typically don't like doing too much because of Rx interaction roulette. I'll take some medicine for the headaches, but that's so they don't go migraineous. I think it's already gotten out of my chest, so I think it's just sinus now.
    Jan 21, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. Sharm
    Sharm
    Awww. *huuuugs* It wont help now, but in the future use vinegar and hydrogen peroxide to clean out your ears. Just don't store the combo together.
    Jan 21, 2019
  10. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I do have drops I use on the ears, actually! It helped a ton!
    Jan 21, 2019
  11. Sharm
    Sharm
    I get ear infections all the time and the pain is really terrible. I always feel like I'm dying and I need an appointment for antibiotics right now, what do you mean it's the weekend?! I wish I could get a doctor who would just believe me when I say my ears are infected again.
    Jan 21, 2019
  12. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    For whatever reason, I hardly ever get sick anymore. Maybe because my immunity to such things built up because I worked in a pharmacy? But I feel for you.
    Jan 21, 2019
  13. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @Sharm Before my surgery, I used to get several ear infections that resulted in quite a few eardrum tears. They're a lot rarer now but no less painful.
    Jan 21, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  14. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @OmnislashXX I'll often go years and years without getting ill and then it picks a year where everything decides to go wrong. My career is in healthcare so I come in contact with all sorts of stuff, no issue.
    Jan 21, 2019
    OmnislashXX and The Stranger like this.
  15. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, I don't wanna do that surgery, since even though it's awful it doesn't seem quite that bad. But then, I probably get inner ear infections even more often and not even notice. Lost one of the nerves in my ear that way. Oh well.
    Jan 21, 2019
    OmnislashXX likes this.
  16. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    I don't get sick but man, do I ever get ear problems. Usually I just get a stuffy ear and no matter how much I stick my finger in, it doesn't unclog. I once went around like that for an entire week (And maybe longer) and then one day I'm walking in the mall and my ear opens up. Never felt so free.
    Jan 21, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  17. Sharm
    Sharm
    @OmnislashXX Don't stick your finger in, you're going to scratch stuff. Hydrogen peroxide is good because it drys out the ear wax and makes it easier to flush out. Vinegar kills almost everything. Oh, and olive oil! I almost forgot my new favorite. Olive oil feels wonderful when your ear hurts, and has other good things for healing ears.
    Jan 21, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  18. Sharm
    Sharm
    Oh, before I forget: for anyone trying these home remedies out, never put the vinegar in straight, it's too acidic and can damage the ear drum. Mix it half and half with something. Distilled water, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide are all things my doctor suggested.
    Jan 21, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  19. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Didn't know that about vinegar Shouldn't be surprised, though. I mean, I've heard of people using it for cleaning purposes.
    Jan 21, 2019