Comments on Profile Post by standardplayer

1. samkfj
    samkfj
    If you were really lucky--you'd play Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad... but if you were unlucky--you'd play Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills...

Kids these days know not the struggle of 90's children.
    Jan 21, 2019
    Poryg and standardplayer like this.
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah. With the steady difficulty and playability decline I'm scared of 2030's games.
    Jan 21, 2019
    standardplayer likes this.
  3. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    in my day you played cowboys & Indians...outside :p
    Jan 21, 2019
    standardplayer and samkfj like this.
  4. samkfj
    samkfj
    I used to like playing "lemme kiss you" when I was little with the girls.
    Jan 21, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  5. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @samkfj Now why does that come as no surprise
    Jan 21, 2019
  6. samkfj
    samkfj
    I told ya! I never went through the phase of girls have cooties--and if they did--bring them on! I knew early on I liked the taste and feel of a sweet kiss <3
    Jan 21, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  7. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Jan 21, 2019
  8. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @Finnuval don't tell me about outside, lol we were banished each day from lunch till supper, that's what sports, bikes and skateboards were for
    Jan 21, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  9. samkfj
    samkfj
    I lived outside, it was great. Kids nowadays would rather do an outside simulator... if there's such a thing--I think I'd explode.
    Jan 21, 2019
    standardplayer and Finnuval like this.
  10. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @samkfj it's a shame then again nowadays half of the time it's not even safe to play outside anymore... We used to get into all kinds of mischief nowadays that gets you stabbed, shot or worse...
    Jan 21, 2019
  11. samkfj
    samkfj
    This is--sadly true. There were always predators and bad people when I was growing up--but now it seems to have gotten worse. Since I live in the city, it's all you know.
    Jan 21, 2019
  12. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Yeah, that really does suck. The 90's weren't great but you could let your kid go out, assume they'd be back and usually be right.
    Jan 21, 2019
    samkfj and Finnuval like this.
  13. samkfj
    samkfj
    I'm very glad I grew up in the 90's. Sure--it may not have been amazing, but I still would rather have grown up then than now.
    Jan 21, 2019
  14. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    and we had a lot more money back then too lol
    Jan 21, 2019
    samkfj and standardplayer like this.
  15. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    A big part of me misses the physical media, too. Swapping games with friends, not being able to access so much so easily...made you really appreciate the ones you had
    Jan 21, 2019
  16. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    split-screen multiplayer though not perfect did have its benefits too. And yeah not finding everything within 2sec was better, imo... we had more patience , we had no choice
    Jan 21, 2019
  17. samkfj
    samkfj
    Thankfully--it still does exist in some facets. My girl and I play together all the time; however... I am not looking forward to the future of couch gaming.
    Jan 21, 2019
    Finnuval and standardplayer like this.
  18. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @samkfj same, my girl and I play couch co op as well, but it seems to be getting phased out, and when its available a lot of times its lacking ><
    Jan 21, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  19. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Yeah I don't have many friends online and the ones I have IRL either don't have the same platform or games I do so coop is getting harder and harder to do which is a shame
    Jan 21, 2019
    samkfj and standardplayer like this.
  20. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    How old all of you guys? I have never heard of half what you are talking about? I guess because I am young or I am from a different cultural upbringing. I will never know. lol
    Jan 21, 2019
  21. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @Kupotepo both I guess lol
    I'll turn 40 in about 3 weeks though
    Jan 21, 2019
    samkfj and Kupotepo like this.
  22. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Finnuval, I am only 25 years old. It is funny though for me that people in here adult. They have still appreciated the young art of gaming.
    Jan 21, 2019
    samkfj, standardplayer and Finnuval like this.
  23. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @Kupotepo well we are the generation that that grew up with it from the very start (talking about Pong here lol)
    Jan 21, 2019
    samkfj, standardplayer and Kupotepo like this.
  24. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    30. I'm at the point where I use the word decade too often. I grew up during the 8 and 16 bit eras. I lost my father in the SNES/Genesis Wars.
    Jan 21, 2019
  25. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Jan 21, 2019