Comments on Profile Post by standardplayer

1. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Not really. I tend to enjoy the same things now that I enjoyed years ago. Though, with MMO's, I've realized why I enjoyed some of them ages ago and not now. Namely, I no longer have time for "the grind" like children do. Which is just a simulation of "having a job" and little kids like to pretend to be adults... So, MMO's have grind. And not many adults who play them.
    Jan 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  2. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Not really. You men professional RPGs, right?
    Jan 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I like most all games from my youth except for a few. I was replaying a few final fantasy titles, still love them all but...FF10, I just can't do it. The dialogue is so bad, and there isn't an option to change from the English dub. I don't know if I can replay this ><
    Jan 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Ha.ha.ha.hah.HAH!
    Jan 24, 2019
    standardplayer likes this.
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Not just RPGs, but a lot of games I loved as a child I struggle to replay now. I bought a Ps2 to replay some of my favourite childhood games, but I can't enjoy many of them mostly because the controls are super clunky, and the mechanics aren't as well implemented as I recall. lol.
    Jan 24, 2019
  6. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @OmnislashXX I remember loving this as a kid! How low was the bar for me?? Lol
    @The Stranger I did the exact same thing a few years ago. Most upsetting to me was Gran Turismo 4. I remember it being super good for it's time, but now the driving feels awful
    Jan 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  7. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I actually enjoyed FFX. Still do enjoy it. Never beaten it though. Sin on the Airship always murders me and I have no idea how to beat him. But, I found all the characters likeable except Wakka and found the story to be pretty compelling.
    Jan 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  8. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @Tai_MT I've beaten it a couple of times, but these days I'm more in it for the stories and atmosphere. The dialogue reminds me of early Martial Arts movie dubs in America, where we thought syncing dialogue and lip movement was the most important thing we could do
    Jan 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @standardplayer The camera controls in a lot of Ps2 games just feel wrong. I don't know how to explain it. I think years of playing modern games, with tighter controls, has spoilt me. xD
    Jan 24, 2019
  10. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I loved FFX when it first came out all those years ago. I even recreated the Hymn of the Fayth on my mobile uing a weird midi\melody thingy. Always thought Seymour was a silly villain, though.
    Jan 24, 2019
  11. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I prefer story as well. But, for me, a story I know and used to enjoy is one I'll enjoy again. Even if my perspective of the world has changed. I enjoyed the story and characters of FFX. I thought it was written pretty well. I still think so. I thought the Voice Acting was pretty good for the time as well. Still think it's pretty good. I mean, it's not "amazing", but it's good.
    Jan 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  12. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @The Stranger I know what you mean, there still weren't super-concrete conventions for how to make cameras in 3D environments work. Lot of games had a weird mix of 'follow' and static placement
    Jan 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  13. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @Tai_MT don't get me wrong, the story, the setting, they're all wonderful. This was the first main FF game with full voice acting, so I accept the way it came out. But I thought FF12's dialogue and in general games contemporary to FFX show that dialogue for the time could be done much better. Even if it sounded like everyone in 12 was wearing a medieval Knight's helmet with the visor down ;b
    Jan 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  14. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    FFX was actually pretty awesome. I remember breaking Yuna into the Black Magic tree. The fact that she could actually do more damage than Lulu with only the most basic spells... she was dangerous.
    Jan 24, 2019
  15. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I actually had issues with the Dialogue and story in FFXII. I mean, I really only liked Belthasar or Fran. The rest of the cast... well... I downright hated. The storyline itself was very... meh. It was very much, "We got taken over by another country, they're actually running things better than we were and people are happier, but we're rebelling anyway!". Not my cup of tea.
    Jan 24, 2019
  16. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I liked everything about 12 except for the quality of the audio, especially the dialogue. Everything sounds muffled, it's not pleasing to the ear. But I loved everything else, story included
    Jan 24, 2019