Comments on Profile Post by Tai_MT

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    If it's a film or book, you're called stupid. If it's a game, they just say you just suck at it. People seem to think that criticising these things is a direct attack on them. Fanatics, man.
    Jan 24, 2019
    Tai_MT likes this.
  2. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yeah, I find it strange. Who the heck likes something enough to defend it in such a childish way? Or associate it as "part of who I am as a person"? I don't like anything that much. I had this issue in a conversation about "Alien Covenant" and about all the really terrible writing in the movie (not even the plotholes). I'm apparently, "too stupid" to understand "how great" it is.
    Jan 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The film is so complex that you need to have studied a very specific college course to appreciate its themes and plot. :p
    Jan 24, 2019
    Tai_MT likes this.
  4. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That's essentially what they were saying. "If you were paying attention, the entire movie is very clear!". I began listing all the ways in which is wasn't and in which you had to go get supplemental material (including the novelizations) to even understand the plot of the movie, as the movie took no time to even properly infer things. But, I'm "too stupid" to understand the plot.
    Jan 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. cabfe
    cabfe
    Or if you don't like an artist, or a music style, or... anything other people love. People need to learn tolerance and show a bit more empathy.
    Jan 24, 2019
    Tai_MT likes this.
  6. samkfj
    samkfj
    It's not strange--it's all too common.
    Jan 24, 2019
    Tai_MT likes this.
  7. gstv87
    gstv87
    friend: "I don't like it..."
    me: "you don't have to like it.... *I* have to like it"
    Jan 24, 2019