Comments on Profile Post by samkfj

1. samkfj
    samkfj
    But never a paper cut? And nice shirt is ruined.
    Jan 24, 2019
    BadLittleSeed and Finnuval like this.
  2. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    I don't even know how to respond.....
    Jan 24, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  3. BadLittleSeed
    BadLittleSeed
    Paper cuts suck... but cardboard cuts are the absolute worst. Nuuuu, nice shirt nuuuuuu! :(
    Jan 24, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  4. samkfj
    samkfj
    I got injured--again. Was just angry for a moment. I hate when things happen due to absolute and gross negligence some people have.
    Jan 24, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  5. BadLittleSeed
    BadLittleSeed
    Jeebus... I'd be angry too. What happened??
    Jan 24, 2019
    samkfj and Finnuval like this.
  6. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    oh man... You seem to have the worst luck at the moment (not to mention the worst coworkers)
    Jan 24, 2019
    BadLittleSeed and samkfj like this.
  7. samkfj
    samkfj
    One of the machines overheated--they didn't open the bleeder valves. They call me because they don't know what to do. I ask them if they turned the water off; they said yes. I open the valve; they didn't turn the water off and steam hits me and ruins my shirt. I was wearing gloves and a mask though--so it could'a been worse.
    Jan 24, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  8. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    dayum incompetent idiots!
    Jan 24, 2019
  9. samkfj
    samkfj
    This happened like--minutes after I had commented on Rose's new picture. I was just waiting for time to go home. I shouldn't even be fixing the machinery anymore, but they always call me.
    Jan 24, 2019
  10. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    If I could I'd give 'm some piece of my mind...
    Jan 24, 2019
  11. samkfj
    samkfj
    It hurts a little bit--but I'll manage. Still not the worst pain I've ever felt; it was pretty hot steam, but it had been sitting a while and cooling. Just makes me mad that those two morons can't be trusted near the equipment.
    Jan 24, 2019
  12. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Still... hurt is hurt. Sorry, bro.
    And yeah I'd be mad too... hell I'm mad at them now and I don;t even know 'm!
    Jan 24, 2019
  13. samkfj
    samkfj
    I wouldn't be so mad if they were at least trying... but they don't know how to to operate the machine yet, and they were playing with their phones. I yelled at one of them and said if I see him messing with his phone again, I'll make sure he doesn't come back.
    Jan 24, 2019
  14. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    That's a given I think
    Jan 24, 2019
  15. samkfj
    samkfj
    The really sad part--is that they aren't even MY coworkers... they work on the production side... I run the shipping/receiving side. I shouldn't even be using forklifts... I mean--I wear dress clothing and sheep. Not all the time--but today I did, and my shirt is ruined :(
    Jan 24, 2019
  16. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Next time don't help and let them do their own jobs... or mess up
    Jan 24, 2019
  17. samkfj
    samkfj
    I would--I really would, but I can't. Because if something happens to the machines, they'd get the wrong people in trouble, or something really bad could happen--and I wouldn't want that on my conscience.
    Jan 24, 2019
  18. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Stuck between a good conscience and a bunch of total idiots... that sounds like you. Still, they should be reprimanded at the very least for endangering someone else
    Jan 24, 2019
  19. samkfj
    samkfj
    The manager knows--thankfully it wasn't that squirrelly cute that called me "egotistical."

I also asked him not to report it as an incident--because then my team wont get their hamburgers next week. We've gone 200 days without an incident--but this is the second time this month that I've gotten injured.
    Jan 24, 2019
  20. samkfj
    samkfj
    The first was when one of my guys broke the propane tank, and I had to go fix it and the propane leaked on my hand.
    Jan 24, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  21. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Yeah well hamburgers are nice but rewarding behavior like this is not so choose carefully. Can;t have you all banged up 'cause of work, now can we?
    Jan 24, 2019
  22. samkfj
    samkfj
    It's what I do--at the very least--everyone calls me "boss" now haha. I'm no literal boss, but am the shift lead of the whole facility... but for everyone to show me that much respect... when not even the manager gets that... it's kinda nice.
    Jan 24, 2019
  23. samkfj
    samkfj
    Naw--but I keep my people in check. They don't mess up if am around. So they do deserve their meal. They're also good guys--giving me tequila in the parking lot.
    Jan 24, 2019
  24. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Natural leader type, I know (despite not wanting to be haha). Well just be careful next time then and know that there are idiots working in the same place :)
    Jan 24, 2019
  25. samkfj
    samkfj
    You know what makes this worse?..

Rose was talking about steam and I said I also needed to answer the call to steam... I hate coincidences.
    Jan 24, 2019