Comments on Profile Post by Avery

1. samkfj
    samkfj
    That brings back memories when I was teaching my girl English. She's better than me now! But she still whips my ass in German.
    Jan 31, 2019
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    Nice! That would probably be the same for anime stuff. I struggle with learning languages, so I have a ton of respect for anyone who knows one or more extra.
    Jan 31, 2019
    GolfHacker likes this.
  3. samkfj
    samkfj
    Try duolingo @Sharm you'll like it!
    Jan 31, 2019
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    I have, it's not helping. My difficulty probably has to do with the way I learn, I have to understand something before I remember it, so memorizing things is pointless.
    Jan 31, 2019
  5. samkfj
    samkfj
    Oh I get ya. :(
    Jan 31, 2019
  6. Avery
    Avery
    Only downside is the shipping from the states, I am on sick leave and would love to read them in my bed, but I have to waaaaaiiiit :(
    Jan 31, 2019
  7. samkfj
    samkfj
    Have you tried looking for a digital version in the meantime?
    Jan 31, 2019
  8. Chiara
    Chiara
    I know right? When buying epic fantasy books I also save shelf space, since the German version's usually two books long.
    (@Sharm I'm similar, understanding makes it easier for me to retain information, which is why I'd recommend LingoDeer if I knew if it's still free and if it offers a language you'd be interested in. It actually teaches in sentences and has grammar and nice visuals)
    Jan 31, 2019
  9. Sharm
    Sharm
    Waiting is so hard! Sometimes I'll buy something from China and I'll have to forget about it not to fret to death about it.

(@Chiara That looks awesome! Downloaded.)
    Jan 31, 2019
    Chiara likes this.
  10. samkfj
    samkfj
    Now am curious--what languages do they offer Sharm or Chiara?
    Jan 31, 2019
  11. Sharm
    Sharm
    Enough that it would be best for you to just check it out yourself. ;)
    Jan 31, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  12. samkfj
    samkfj
    Hmm--you drive a hard bargain. Looks like I'll have to see it then. I blame you if I learn a new language.
    Jan 31, 2019
    Chiara and Sharm like this.