Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. GolfHacker
    GolfHacker
    I saw that. We’re not used to this weather yet! Turning the thermostat down that far is a huge challenge for us!
    Jan 31, 2019
    Ms Littlefish likes this.
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Naturally, a lot of people are flat refusing, too. I get it. It's cold. It sucks. But, for the sake of people laid up in hospitals and nursing homes I can gladly put on a sweater and turn it down a little. Geez.
    Jan 31, 2019
    GolfHacker, Finnuval and Lemonrice like this.
  3. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Yeah, it's a bad time for something like that. I'm not at all used to how cold it is right now, I recently relocated from Alabama to Vermont, been holed up in the motel with the dogs and layers of blankets most of the week. :guffaw:
    Jan 31, 2019
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    There's a lot of stuff going on. I think the power grid is stressed. There are a lot of outages in the area as well. I don't know if gas usage is directly related to the explosion, but whelp...
    Jan 31, 2019
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    In our apartment we haven't used heating for 15 years. Be it 20°C or -20°C, we had to survive it all. We simply can't, it's broken and we don't have the funds to fix it.
    And then I have to deal with people complaining their central heating won't work while it's still 12°C outside...
    Feb 1, 2019
  6. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I grew up without heat or air, so I can sorta relate. It got both very hot and very cold where I grew up. No doubt it was uncomfortable, but we made do. Got really creative, too.
    Feb 1, 2019