Comments on Profile Post by TheoAllen

1. Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    AV is.... Adult Video...?
    Feb 5, 2019
    MushroomCake28 likes this.
  2. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    @Kuro DCupu Exactly what I thought... but it might also be "Animal Video". Who knows? Who are we to judge????
    Feb 5, 2019
  3. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    pls, those are no better unless you add J at the beginning.
    Feb 5, 2019
  4. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    antivirus? I haven't used one of those in years now as they just get in my way.
    Feb 5, 2019
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    Use Linux, no need for antiviruses :D
    Feb 5, 2019
  6. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    It was used to be nice as I run it in silent mode all times. I even forgot if it existed. But it somehow managed to get broken just yesterday idk why.
    Feb 5, 2019
  7. BadLittleSeed
    BadLittleSeed
    dayum, those Armadillo Vortexes.
    Feb 5, 2019
  8. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    I always say and will continue to say: the best antivirus is common sense.
    Feb 5, 2019
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    It won't save us 100% of the time though. Like when I was dependent on 3rd party drivers for my mobile and ended up infecting my machine, because they were fake.
    Feb 5, 2019
  10. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    nothing is 100% secure. The thing you have to take into account with third party AV is this: are the benefits greater than the disadvantages (the hassle of dealing with it).
    Feb 5, 2019
  11. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    @MushroomCake28 The way I see it is that AV can be a benefit for casual users who do not know much about how computer software works. However, for more advanced users it gets in the way more than it helps and is thus not very useful. I refer to realtime AV. Everyone should do a scan occasionally just in case. For scanning I tend to use Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner.
    Feb 5, 2019
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    I couldn't complain about Eset.
    Feb 5, 2019