Comments on Profile Post by samkfj

1. BadLittleSeed
    BadLittleSeed
    I cannot like this - feel better soon hon.
    Feb 6, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  2. samkfj
    samkfj
    ty :)

Yeah it's not too bad--but it's real debilitating.
    Feb 6, 2019
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    Oh no! I found out that this years flu kicks in suddenly, so I hope that's not what you have. Here's hoping it's just a more normal food poisoning or something. I hope you feel better soon! Get plenty of rest and water!
    Feb 6, 2019
    BadLittleSeed and samkfj like this.
  4. samkfj
    samkfj
    Eee--yikes! I hope it's not the flu. But thank you Sharm.

I hope you feel better too <3
    Feb 6, 2019
    BadLittleSeed likes this.
  5. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Get well soon, bro or I'll start missing you ;)
    Feb 6, 2019
  6. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    Well, let's hope it's also not food poisening.
    Feb 6, 2019
    BadLittleSeed, samkfj and Finnuval like this.
  7. samkfj
    samkfj
    Well am here for the most part haha. Figure I'll use the time I have for some manner of development.
    Feb 6, 2019
    BadLittleSeed, Sharm and Finnuval like this.
  8. Sharm
    Sharm
    @Lemonrice What most people think of as a 24 hour bug is usually food poisoning, so as long as it's a mild case, it's actually the best thing to hope for.
    Feb 6, 2019
  9. samkfj
    samkfj
    the purge is real... oh no.
    Feb 6, 2019
  10. Sharm
    Sharm
    Aw! So not fun! Sometimes ice can help. On the back of the neck or sucking on ice chips.
    Feb 6, 2019
  11. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah you read my mind. Am eating some ice now. I cant keep any food down... Just trying to eat oyster crackers now. But am getting hungry :(
    Feb 6, 2019
  12. Sharm
    Sharm
    That's a good sign, actually, if you're hungry you're most likely on the mend. If you can keep down the crackers, you could also give applesauce a go. It's pretty easy on the entire digestive tract.
    Feb 6, 2019
  13. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Try chewing on raw fennel or sipping chamomile tea, you're a tea guy, right?
    Feb 6, 2019
  14. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah I might actually have some!
    Feb 6, 2019
  15. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    I once heared from a helicopter pilot, that one should eat bananas in case of sickness. They don't help but they taste the same either way...
    @Sharm a real foodpoisoning would be easy to detect as the stomache cramps after every bite or sip so it sounds more like a mild case yeah :)
    Feb 6, 2019
  16. Sharm
    Sharm
    @Lemonrice Maybe we're meaning different things? Food poisoning means the food eaten was maybe a bit spoiled or hadn't been washed enough, not that it had something placed in it that could kill a person. That would be poisoned food. Word placement mattering that much is strange, I know, but English is strange that way.
    Feb 6, 2019
    BadLittleSeed, Finnuval and samkfj like this.
  17. Sharm
    Sharm
    Bananas actually are pretty good in some cases of sickness. They're high in potassium, which you can easily get too low in when you're dehydrated due to throwing up or having diarrhea, and they're easy to digest too.
    Feb 6, 2019
  18. samkfj
    samkfj
    I suppose I could--I think if anything, I'll go to bed significantly earlier too. Normally I go to bed around 6am, but I might go fairly soon. More than anything--it's just a lingering sick feeling.
    Feb 6, 2019
    BadLittleSeed and Finnuval like this.
  19. Sharm
    Sharm
    That's a good idea. I hope you sleep well and feel loads better tomorrow!
    Feb 6, 2019
    Lemonrice, BadLittleSeed and samkfj like this.
  20. samkfj
    samkfj
    TY Sharm :)

I hope so too. I think sleep would really do me well.
    Feb 6, 2019
    Lemonrice and BadLittleSeed like this.
  21. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    @Sharm yes that could be. Over here, when you have something to eat that wasn't too good anymore we call it just having a sick stomache. Food poisoning here is when you have an infection like salmonella from raw chicken. But that comes with a serious pain in the stomache and a very high fever. also, we have the occasional stomache flu around here once a year.
    Feb 6, 2019
    BadLittleSeed, samkfj and Sharm like this.
  22. Sharm
    Sharm
    How strangely specific! We do have times where we'll say something like "Sick with salmonella poisoning", but not very often. The term "food poisoning" is very general here. Also flu can mean both influenza and any old stomach bug, so that complicates things too. English is so weird!
    Feb 6, 2019
    BadLittleSeed, Lemonrice and samkfj like this.
  23. samkfj
    samkfj
    oh gosh--you two are scaring me again :kaodes:

but thanks again Sharm and you too Lemon <3 y'all are great.
    Feb 6, 2019
  24. samkfj
    samkfj
    We didn't have any bananas, but I did have some tea. That seemed to help--I think I ate enough bread and water too--I think all I need now is just to finally fall asleep. It's not much longer I think I'll last. I just hope I don't wake up randomly during the night/morning :/ I do feel better though.
    Feb 6, 2019
    BadLittleSeed and Lemonrice like this.
  25. Sharm
    Sharm
    We're being silly, and you'll be fine. Go to sleep. I'm going to do the same. Good night!
    Feb 6, 2019
    BadLittleSeed, Lemonrice and samkfj like this.
  26. samkfj
    samkfj
    G'night then, I will do the same.
    Feb 6, 2019