Comments on Profile Post by samkfj

1. Chiara
    Chiara
    I get that, I have an on-hold project where I had to strongly fight the urge to let it seep in too much as that one contains military stuff. ...And now I want to rewatch SG-1.
    Feb 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  2. samkfj
    samkfj
    I am right there with you--I finished SG-1 again some months ago, and I still have to finish Atlantis... but truth be told, I really love Atlantis--I can't bear to finish it and be done with it :(

but I could go for SG-1 again--Jaffa!
    Feb 11, 2019
    Chiara likes this.
  3. Chiara
    Chiara
    My last re-watch was two years ago so it'd be about time and this time I can talk my mom into watching it with me in English, finally. Sooo can relate to not wanting to finish Atlantis, while I love SG-1, Atlantis is my favourite. D:
    Feb 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  4. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah--Atlantis is easily my favorite too. I think it's because the lore was already set, and they could really explore new ideas and always fall back on the old for help. Plus--McKay really makes the show. I hated him at first--but he totally grew on me. Plus--I thought Weir was ultra cute <3
    Feb 11, 2019
    Chiara likes this.
  5. Chiara
    Chiara
    Yeah, and also the storytelling and designs felt more tight, less over the place, and the quality stayed more consistent. Yes, totally agree about McKay, though I felt for Zelenka at times. xD Yes, I liked Weir, and her story took quite the interesting turn. Oh and I love the concept of the Wraiths, the whole organic technology aspect, the lore behind them.
    Feb 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  6. samkfj
    samkfj
    I loved the Wraith--the whole idea was amazing--but I have a real soft spot for Todd, the friendly Wraith. Apparently--there's a lot of comics and novels where he appears more. I should pick those up sometime. Even though the show is over--it's still going elsewhere.
    Feb 11, 2019
    Chiara likes this.
  7. Chiara
    Chiara
    Me too, I always got excited when I saw 'Christopher Heyerdahl' in the opening credits (...and then the other guy appeared). Ooh, there are? I never pay much attention to things outside of a show after the show ends but that would go on my 'future spending' list (then I'd guess Firefly and Farscape should also have some novels and/or comics continuing their stories).
    Feb 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  8. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah! There's a lot of comics it seems, they continue a lot of the continuities, including what happens to Ford in the end--it's actually--pretty awesome.
    Feb 11, 2019
    Chiara likes this.
  9. Chiara
    Chiara
    That sounds really cool, need to keep an eye out.
    Feb 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  10. TWings
    TWings
    Gotta check those out when I get the chance.
    Feb 11, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  11. samkfj
    samkfj
    Now--am not saying you can't read them online--but maybe a search for them might yield some results ;)

If ya know what I mean hee hee
    Feb 11, 2019
  12. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    I never really got into Stargate all that much, though my Dad is a big science fiction nut. He has all of the Seasons. I also turned him on to Firefly, which he absolutely loves. He even bought the Firefly Christmas ornament.
    Feb 12, 2019
    samkfj likes this.