Comments on Profile Post by MushroomCake28

1. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    agreed, unless these words come from a publisher. that usually means budget cuts.
    Feb 12, 2019
    MushroomCake28 likes this.
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    Ah, I'm all set then! I mean, all it has is some art resources and maybe a few plugins to make those work, but nothing needs to be cut so it's done, right? ;)
    Feb 12, 2019
    Shaz, MushroomCake28 and Lemonrice like this.
  3. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    the question is: is there more to add? :D
    Feb 12, 2019
  4. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    The thing is that we, as game makers, usually like to add tons of stuff in our projects because it will make it cooler and more epic. The problem is that those extra features aren't always needed to provide to best experience.
    Feb 12, 2019
    Sharm, Shaz and Lemonrice like this.
  5. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    yes, I see this quite often especially with personal projects. devs include things they like in other games without questioning if it actually contributes their own game.
    Feb 12, 2019
  6. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    I often do that unfortunately... I often have to cut stuff out of my project because it's simply too much.
    Feb 12, 2019
    Lemonrice likes this.
  7. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    How much time do you invest in pre-production? I always thought that in that stage it is completely fine to have the ideas running wild, discuss them with friends and structure everything properly. It usually helped me with getting a clearer vision and keep the concept neat and tidy.
    Feb 12, 2019
  8. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Many many hours lol. Most of the changes I make happen after people play test my game and give me feedback.
    Feb 12, 2019
    Lemonrice likes this.
  9. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    oh yes! it's why I try bringing out a rapid prototype as early on as possible, to detect flaws in the core gameplay before even start adding additional features. (first one went down the drain just yesterday)
    Feb 12, 2019