Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Sharm
    Sharm
    Depends on your definition really. I think if someone is proactive about their health they're great patients. If I have a nurse that needs to be taught how to draw blood I tell them to get someone else because that nurse will fail. My veins aren't nice, and I don't care for being a pincushion.
    Feb 15, 2019
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    See. My veins aren't bad. I had a massive migraine which is probably why I just wanted it over with to get knocked out. I had to tell her what tubes she needed for each test. I had to stop her from using the same arm that had my IV. She over-directed the needle in my AC and blew it.
    Feb 15, 2019
  3. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    She went for the hands and attempted to use a 22 gauge on my very, very small hands. I told her she needed to get a blue butterfly or at the very least a 24 for that size of the vein. She still missed it even though it has no branch. I helped her redirect it, told her to pull the skin taut, and slightly retract the lumen. We got the blood flowing after that.
    Feb 15, 2019
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    She blew that vein. Only for a little blood, but I assured it was enough for a single chemistry test. She took the vacutainer out before undoing the tourniquet and squirt blood all over my bed. She left the used materials in my bed while she labeled and cleaned up. I urged her to put the needle in the sharps container.
    Feb 15, 2019
  5. Sharm
    Sharm
    Good heavens, was it her first day?!
    Feb 15, 2019
    Ms Littlefish likes this.
  6. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I have no idea. I'm thinking that blood draws are rare in endoscopy and she's horribly out of practice. Or... something.
    Feb 15, 2019
  7. Sharm
    Sharm
    You're kinder than me on this one.
    Feb 16, 2019