Comments on Profile Post by Parallax Panda

1. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    I just learn by doing.
    Feb 17, 2019
    Parallax Panda likes this.
  2. SimProse
    SimProse
    Agreed. A shame. The game I made with it (The Orphaned Soul on Steam) turned out decently well, even if weird little bugs and lack of tutorials/support made it more difficult than it needed to be.
    Feb 17, 2019
  3. Milennin
    Milennin
    I wonder if a lot of people lost interest in it because it got delayed for so long.
    Feb 17, 2019
  4. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    I think people lost interest in it because it had a lack of character creation and a very small list of default characters.
    Feb 17, 2019
  5. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @OmnislashXX Learn by doing, yeah I guess that's the way it is. As for why people lost interest, well, I dunno. Did they? Some probably did. But I don't think the potential community or interest could be compared to that of RM to begin with. Still, more support would probably help - even if it's in the form of paid DLC (more new characters, backgrounds and not just music).

..and well, tutorials I guess.
    Feb 17, 2019
  6. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    Also another thing that's lacking is plugins. From what I understand VN Maker is more open to customization than MV is, but there is barely anyone making any plugins for it. Most who did made a few plugins when the engine was spanking new and haven't bothered ever since.
    Feb 17, 2019
  7. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    If there was a bunch of cool plugins, stuff like inventory or battle/puzzle systems etc that would attract those that want to make hybrid VN's... Then I think the engine would be more popular.
    Feb 17, 2019
  8. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @SimProse I feel you. There has been a lot of bugs in the engine for sure. While I can't say for sure, I think they've taken care of most of them by now? But maybe it was a little to late?
    In any case, looked up your game, nice. It reminds me of those old fighting fantasy game books with the life system. How long did it take you to learn the engine and make the game?
    Feb 17, 2019
  9. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Milennin Yeah well the launch didn't go super smooth so they probably lost a lot of hype there. But I believe they could/can make up for that by showing effort. Although I admit it's not easy without a strong core community backing them up.
    Feb 17, 2019
  10. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    MV has a handfull of YouTuber's doing tutorials and first impression videos, acting like a glue for the community. And then there's skilled and nice plugin creators like Yanfly, MogHunter, Galv etc that helped fix most of the flaws of the engine once it launched and enhanced it further. VN Maker doesn't have neither of those... unfortunally.
    Feb 17, 2019