Comments on Profile Post by Zebestian

1. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    Always an undeserved treat to hear your jams man.
    Feb 23, 2019
    Finnuval and Zebestian like this.
  2. Zebestian
    Zebestian
    Nah, y'all deserve to be entertained by my music! That's why I make it! Well, that and money. XD
    Feb 23, 2019
    Sauteed_Onion and Finnuval like this.
  3. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Enough? Never! Lol
    And okay this just became my favorite one
    Feb 23, 2019
    Zebestian and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    That sounds like a great title or intro music for a certain kind of games. Definitely not a battle music though, it lacks combat tension.
    Feb 23, 2019
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  5. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    Sounds beautiful. It kind of sounds like a build up to an epic battle scene. Maybe even some dialogue while the battle is going on.
    Feb 23, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    I don't know music theory, but my perfectionist tells me, battle music is not ambient music. It can't just be there to flow with the battle, it needs to enhance it. So it needs to be upbeat, with fast pace and well-placed and louder drums. It needs to scream at the player that this battle is the one.
    Feb 23, 2019
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    *upbeat/aggressive

Yes, I can agree it could be a build up to an epic battle scene, although since it sounds like an intro music, it's kind of hard for me to imagine how I'd set it up. One thing is for sure though, I'd use narrative, not dialog in combo with this music piece.
    Feb 23, 2019
  8. Zebestian
    Zebestian
    @Poryg and that is exactly why this is cutscene music and not a battle theme! That "(battle)" in my status is just there because all the other epic themes before this were battle themes~ :3
    Feb 23, 2019
    Sauteed_Onion and Poryg like this.
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    Is it really that way or is that just an attempt to save your skin by playing the ambiguous card? :p
    Feb 24, 2019
    Sauteed_Onion and Zebestian like this.
  10. Zebestian
    Zebestian
    Nope, it's really like that XD Just look at the description on Soundcloud; it tells you what the scene is ^-^
    Feb 24, 2019
  11. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, since I can't read the description on mobile browser, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. *tsundere look* Nevertheless, keep up the good work, it's nice to hear actually useful soundtracks compared to all these nice, but generic ones, my faith in humanity still isn't lost! :D
    Feb 24, 2019
  12. Zebestian
    Zebestian
    That's the good thing about commissions - they're always useful! Otherwise I'd feel horrible for asking for money XD
    Feb 24, 2019
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yet it's quite frequent. I've purchased numerous music packs for various occasions only to find that only few of them are actually useful. And it was not even about these packs being generic. They were genuinely unsuitable for proclaimed purpose.
    Feb 24, 2019
  14. Poryg
    Poryg
    for proclaimed purpose... Or in many cases for any purpose, even for listening.
    Feb 24, 2019
  15. Zebestian
    Zebestian
    Yeah, that's why I'll always recommend investing in custom assets. Let's you get exactly what you want/need! :D
    Feb 24, 2019
  16. Poryg
    Poryg
    Unfortunately you're absolutely right :( :D Well, if I ever get close to finishing a project, I at least know who to recruit.
    Feb 24, 2019
  17. Zebestian
    Zebestian
    I'm always happy if I can be of assistance! :D
    Feb 24, 2019