RPG Maker Forums

The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
@JtheDuelist I dont mean ALL fans. I love FE. Out of all the games in the series the only one I didnt like was Fates(for a myriad of reasons) and Im super hyped for 3 Houses. but the FE fandom is crawling with FE7 elitists and thats a real shame.

You also reminded me I really need to watch your videos on Srpg Studio.
JtheDuelist
JtheDuelist
I've played FE7 and FE8 mods, and I don't see what the elitists see in it. Also, my Part 5 video was a train wreck so it can be skipped.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
Reasons for not liking Fates were: Plotholes everywhere, poorly implemented child mechanic with terrible in-world reasoning for existing, casual incest, and having the True Ending locked behind a paywall.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Is fates the one that was split into 2 parts? If so yep, I hated it. It was like they tried to mimic everything in Awakening but forgot why it worked there.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I didn't notice any incest but the child mechanic was just so cringy. All the sudden getting support up with someone = romantic pairings and gaining some super grown infant to send out on the battlefield. I mean the **** is that? Fates was my first fire emblem since POR on the gamecube, I basically bought a 3ds just to get back into that series but in one fell swoop my interest was completely abated.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
@bgillisp Im still salty about the 2-part concept bombing. It had so much potential to be a stormcloaks v empire type thing where you can see the conflict from both sides and choose who you support and want to fight for. instead we got Nohr being evil in both versions and again THE TRUE PATH BEING PAID DLC
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Fe7...that's the half game of which the sequel was never released outside of Japan, right? That was my first and favorite in the series that I've played, but man did I hate how it just shut off so unfinished.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
@Philosophus Vagus you can marry any of your adopted siblings/blood relative siblings. SPOILER Even if its revealed later they arent blood related, one character IS confirmed to be Corrins relative and they can marry them too. Pretty blatant.
bgillisp
bgillisp
My first was whatever the 2nd one they released for the Game Boy Advance was. I remember you got to pick whether to play as the prince or princess, but the routes merged at some point.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Despite it being my first I did pretty good not losing people until the final battle. Then it was just so hard I took my ending with most of the romantic pair-ups having 1 partner (or both) dead. Felt kind of sad.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
Again though I wanna say I am totally ready for High School Emblem. No sarcasm I am hyped to help my students get their masters certificate in banditry.
JtheDuelist
JtheDuelist
Umm, @bgillisp, that was Gaiden on the SNES/Echoes on 3DS. Unless you meant something else.
bgillisp
bgillisp
I did mean something else, as it was not a 3ds release. Gameboy Advance. Came out before the 3ds existed.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Yeah I was afraid that might have been the case. I only figured out about the whole marriage mechanic by pairing MC and the freckled farm girl. Didn't know it existed until then and didn't S rank a single other unit since because I found the whole thing so off putting but I did wonder in a game where you apparently have like 8 siblings with such a mechanic whether that could happen.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Found it. The Sacred Stones. Released in 2004.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
So what about the other DS games though? How is echos or whatever? You said you liked all of the others, does that mean the marriage mechanic and what not is an outlier for fates and not a series staple? Honestly considered trying one of the others because I've been a fan of the series since childhood but absolutely hated Fates and haven't tried any of the others yet because of it.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
@Philosophus Vagus the marriage mechanic is only in the japan exclusive SNES games, Awakening, and Fates. All the games have had characters with romantic relationships though, but those are the only ones that make it a gameplay mechanic. I really enjoyed Awakening, and Echoes is super different from other entries but I like it too. the rest of the games are all fun imo.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
@Philosophus Vagus the GBA games and DS ones are the only ones readily available though. as the Gamecube and Wii titles are VERY expensive online. And again Echoes is odd. Echoes is to FE as SMB2(doki doki panic) is to Mario
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
@Philosophus Vagus Basically in terms of quality Id personally rate the DS games as such: Awakening > Echoes > Shadow Dragon > Fates

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o
just finished a bunch of art commissions! im really grateful for this community- people have helped me out so much here- so im just trying to return the favor the only way i know how! :0)
Ami
--- Fan Art ---

F.Mage: Phew...after finishing the Gathering Quest,i can take a break with my Phone. Let's see,what's new in the Fan Art Gallery
(3 Minutes Later,The Fan Art Of F.Healer & F.Mage Pecking Each Other Appeared)
F.Mage: (Spit The Water) WHAT THE HELL!!!
(Meanwhile)
M.Knight: (Nosebleeding) Nice Scenery!
trying to figure my way around the basic functions of Construct 3 and OH GOD MY BRAIN. I'm starting to think that developing decades of RPG Maker skills might have a downside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sabinasnow