RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
Star traders RPG is a simplistic game, but most players focus on Star traders frontiers now that it is out.
samkfj
samkfj
What was that one game you liked? The one with the cute music? I think you said it was your favorite trailer.
Poryg
Poryg
No, that was Widelands, an open source expansion strategy game.
Reactions: samkfj
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
Had to abandon my first game. The enemy had 800 medium sized ships and lots of large and huge ships, enough to make me want to say "nope". Honestly, I don't know where the A.I. comes up with these insane numbers.
Poryg
Poryg
Well, it's not that unreasonable. Building 7 large ships a turn (which later increased to 11) was quite enough for me to match them. By the time the enemy sent 800 medium ships at me, I already had 3.2k large ships.
Poryg
Poryg
It's quite simple in all honesty. Devote all planets with 100+ population to building ships. Note that a 80 pop rich planet counts as a 160 pop planet in terms of industrial power. Ultra rich as 240 pop planet in terms of industrial power. Likewise poor and ultra poor planets are for research, because rich/poor doesn't affect research.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
I'm in a war right now with the Alkaris( largely in part because my friends the Klackons are at war with everybody.)I've matched them in terms of space warfare, though at the moment, I need to start making large ships with better weapons to knock around the large ones they have. It's slow.
Poryg
Poryg
Well, I had a really tough game yesterday :D Ruthless militarist Klackons and aggressive expansionist Bulrathis directly next to me. Me being Alkaris. I had no access to good planets. I took five planets. That was all I could take. Klackons took 11.
Poryg
Poryg
In the end Bulrathi with just two planets declared war on me. I bombed and colonized one of their systems. Then Klackons, overpowering me 17 to 7 systems, declared war on me. Since that was in early game, I was essentially screwed. Badly technologically behind in early game there was no chance of me winning.
samkfj
samkfj
Try again, and win this time :p
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
Yeah, the only way to go. 4X games like these factor chance a huge deal, you need a favorable beginning in order to be competitive.
Poryg
Poryg
My very first MOO game was very fun though. I had no controlled hostile environment technology, so I couldn't capture any hostile environments and had to bomb them or wait until the AI gets the tech to convert them.
samkfj
samkfj
It kinda sounds like one game I used to play--I think it was called O-Game or something... was a browser game. All my friends got banned... so I just stopped playing. They kept getting banned for stupid reasons--for logging in on other computers.
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
I know OGame. It had the same UI as Travian. But in the end games like these are quite boring after a year or two of play.
samkfj
samkfj
I didn't play it that long--I think maybe about 6 months or so. I liked it--but yeah it was very boring. I played it a lot during class--back in 2007 or so. I forget haha.
Poryg
Poryg
Yeah, I have played my share of games. Travian for two days. I registered as Celt, but couldn't click on anything. So made a new acc as Roman. Day three they deleted both my accs for multiacc.
Poryg
Poryg
I also played Ikariam. Had four villages, then stopped playing as someone crushed me.
Poryg
Poryg
Also played shakes and fidget for a while. Played Duels for a couple of years. Tribal wars - had 560k points there before I got bored. Played Estiah for 8 months. And some more.
Poryg
Poryg
It's just sad that so many gamea either turn boring from repetitiveness or turn crap due to sudden implementation of pay to win mechanics.
samkfj
samkfj
Yup--ain't that some ****...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Crazy idea: a crossover game made to showcase different RPG Maker games. Dimension crossing is involved and you get to play as different people's characters in some wacky nonsense plot.
HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.
SF_Actor3_8 added!

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZinoAkumura